25.3% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey, guys.

So I finally dove in to the world of Dice Masters today. One of my FLGSs had the Amazing Spider-man starters and gravity feed boxes on clearance, so I picked up a starter kit and a couple of boxes of boosters.

I've got a pretty good collection set up now, with all but a few of the UR and R cards. But I've got boatloads of duplicate cards and dice.

What's the best way to sell/trade all that stuff? The 'Bay? CL?

I'd love to make some of my money back if possible, but I'm not sure if anything is valuable...

Maybe I can swap for the cards I'm missing?

What are your suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corbidorbi wrote:
Hey, guys.

So I finally dove in to the world of Dice Masters today. One of my FLGSs had the Amazing Spider-man starters and gravity feed boxes on clearance, so I picked up a starter kit and a couple of boxes of boosters.

I've got a pretty good collection set up now, with all but a few of the UR and R cards. But I've got boatloads of duplicate cards and dice.

What's the best way to sell/trade all that stuff? The 'Bay? CL?

I'd love to make some of my money back if possible, but I'm not sure if anything is valuable...

Maybe I can swap for the cards I'm missing?

What are your suggestions?

First off, you (likely) won't be able to trade away your Common or Uncommon cards. The best thing to do with them would be to make a complete Common/Uncommon set with either 2 or 4 dice for each character, and sell that for ~$25. There are lots of people who want to play casually, and not get caught up in the collectible aspect. This gives them plenty of options for a decent price.

Duplicate Rares/Super-Rares can definitely be traded or sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks so much. That's exactly the advice I was looking for.

So Rare/Super Rare are somewhat desirable... And maybe I can put together as complete a set of Starter/Common/Uncommon to sell as a whole...

I appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem!

If you're looking to trade or sell, here are a few options:

Dice Masters Trade Geeklist 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/dicemasters/ (Trade Thread at the top)

http://www.thereservepool.com/ (Sales/Trades Forum)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Excellent. Thanks!

How many dice does a guy need? Is it best to have 4 of each character?

And when I'm trading/selling, to people expect to get a die with the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
From my experience, the absolute best thing you can do is to find local dice masters events in your area. There will be other people there with extra cards/dice, and also people who may be missing certain cards/dice. Offer to trade. I've found that a lot of times, the experienced players with a bunch of stuff will give you cards/dice for free to help you fill out your collection.

If this happens, than pass that good karma around. The next time you find people with a small collection who are looking to expand, give them some of your extra stuff.

I don't think extra Dice Masters stuff is really worth much money, except for the super rare cards, and even then most of the non AvX stuff is not very valuable.

Unfortunately, Dice Masters is a bit of a money sink to keep up with, and ends up giving you a bunch of extra stuff if you're just trying to play casually.

Trading online through BGG is great if you are looking for specific cards, or doing a bulk trade, but it ends up costing a decent amount of money if you're doing lots of small trades. See if there is a local game store that does Dice Masters and talk to the people there before you start shipping things out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corbidorbi wrote:
Excellent. Thanks!

How many dice does a guy need? Is it best to have 4 of each character?

And when I'm trading/selling, to people expect to get a die with the card?

I personally like to have the "Max Dice" available for each character. For virtually every card in the game, this means 4. For the starter characters from AvX, the booster pack cards allowed 5. Realistically, if the character costs 5+, it is pretty unlikely that you'll buy more than 1-2 in any given game, so you *probably* wouldn't need to keep more than that.

For certain Super-Rares, the die has to come with the card (the Marvel Zombies/What-If?s, the DC Black/White Lanterns). For everything else, *most* people will already have the dice just needing the cards, but it definitely doesn't hurt to have one available in case they need it. For C/UC sets, you want to have at least 2 dice for each character, and if you can spare a full set of 4 dice for each character (known as "C/UC with Max dice") it would likely sell for better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Excellent advice, thanks.

I sorted out a total of 4/character, then another two for each character to trade/sell off as a set of commons and uncommons. That still leaves me with a few dozen to throw in the dice box for spares. I figure I can never have too many dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.