$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 112.07

6,889 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
43.4% of Goal | left

Support:

ftl ftw
msg tools
What happens if the monsters kill all the heroes?

The way I read it, it didn't trigger the traitor's win condition (since that says the traitor wins when the turn/damage track goes to 0.)

Is it a draw?

It seemed like a weird ending that wasn't covered.

(I was traitor, and it seemed like what I had to do was weaken the heroes but then keep them alive and let them fail rolls until the spaceship lifts off. But the last hero foiled my plan by attacking a monster and killing themselves, and I guess nobody won then? The ending seemed very unsatisfying.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Moormeier
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
We noticed this too, and even joked about committing suicide to prevent the traitor from winning. But one pretty much has to assume this is a victory for the traitor, because if all the heroes are dead, who is to stop the spaceship from blasting off?

It's interesting because weakening the heroes does make one of their tasks more difficult (Climb the Radio Tower), but helps them with another (Perform a Farce in the Theater), since they actually need to fail rolls to get a victory.

This haunt seemed pretty heavily favored towards the traitor, which actually makes sense given that the traitor's ending lines up with the movie. The Synchronize Your Swimming task seemed especially impossible given the typically low amount of items held combined with the fact that the heroes can only Time Warp once each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
msg tools
Overglock wrote:
This haunt seemed pretty heavily favored towards the traitor, which actually makes sense given that the traitor's ending lines up with the movie. The Synchronize Your Swimming task seemed especially impossible given the typically low amount of items held combined with the fact that the heroes can only Time Warp once each.

It did seem favored toward the traitor, but in a game with only 2 heroes, we passed 3/4 farces and all three radio tower climbs. Traitor was Brandon, heroes were Ox and Zoe, and we could not for the life of us fail the Speed roll of 3+. The "synchronize your swimming" part sounds insanely difficult, and we didn't even get to try that part. However, between the two of us, we had like 5 items and 6 omens (we didn't fail a haunt roll until there were 8 omens) so we would have had a pretty decent chance at passing the swimming part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Fink
msg tools
We ended up quitting this one and having the traitor win because we only had 1 person left and we still had to do the swimming part. I honestly think this one is impossible for a small group of traitors with the number of super strong enemies combined with the number of tasks. We played with 4 people and the three of us only failed one or two rolls and managed to finish everything but the swimming then both of the other heroes I was playing with died. All in all it lasted 4 or 5 turns before it was over. It was actually a really big letdown because all 3 of us heroes were really strong and we thought we were in good shape then we had to fail rolls when we were all a few above our starting values. We had to use our angel feather to fail the sanity roll because we were all 3 of us 6/7 plus in sanity and it would never have happened. All in all we were all left underwhelmed by this one. Not as much as other ones. At least this one is better than the awful one with the interns with dragged on for two unfun hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.