Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It's been confusion from the word go!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a big yellow fan but I really like the color scheme and armor style of the CCC. Plus they're my 'home town' Mercs. I've only done simple basing and want to try to branch out a little on these but probably once I have a couple more Merc squads done and when I'm ready to try the table top game out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Maguire
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy Crap those are nice. Did it take a while? Are you an experienced mini painter?

Are those the models from the Mercs Recon board game or the Mercs 2.0 tabletop game.

I noticed 8 minis. So curious why there are 8 instead of 10 or 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It's been confusion from the word go!
mbmbmbmbmb
Grove123 wrote:
Holy Crap those are nice. Did it take a while? Are you an experienced mini painter?

Are those the models from the Mercs Recon board game or the Mercs 2.0 tabletop game.

I noticed 8 minis. So curious why there are 8 instead of 10 or 5.

It took me a while. I'm really slow, and with kids, work, and other activities, I normally don't get more than an hour every couple of days to paint.

I'm pretty new to painting. I got into painting when Myth came out but I've painted most of it so I've got a fair number of minis under my belt now. I use the dip method and read a lot of tips from folks here and other sites. The dip method is pretty easy.

These are minis from the Recon game and extras that came from the Kickstarter. I haven't picked up the extra guys yet, but probably will at some point. There is so much stuff in the Recon Kickstarter pledge that who knows if I'll ever get it all painted. In painting the Recon minis, I can definitely see the difference between them and the Myth onces in terms of quality. They still paint up really nice though. I think the sculpting style, amount of detail, posing, and overall design of the minis really helps out in that respect.

I got Banner Saga Warbands from MCG as well and wow are the minis sharp. The minis from that are just fabulous. If the Myth Journyman minis are going to come out like Warbands, they are going to make a lot of people very happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.