Subject: Last round production chains clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christoph Roesch
United States
Hutto
Texas
flag msg tools
So on the last round of Oh My Goods! It says that you can run the production chains on all active/inactive buildings.

The first time I played I thought that even though there was not a worker at a building I could produce a good. But then I re-read the rules and it said production chain. So my question is can you still run the production chain on a building even if there isn't a good on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It means you can trigger the chains, not the base good. So you're feeding each building with the goods it requires on the right, *as if* you'd produced a raw good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say, "In this final round, each player may use the Production Chains of all of their buildings, including buildings without a Worker or Assistant as well as buildings that did not produce anything."

So, yes, you run a production chain on any building (in the final round) regardless of any Worker/Assistant there, regardless of whether it produced goods - as long as you have the resources (in hand) or goods (at other buildings) to drive the chain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil rolles dices
Germany
flag msg tools
I Do understand the rules the same way but we actually were wondering. Because why should you ever place a worker and Start the production of a "high-end" building if you can just wait for the final round to use the production chain of the building to turn your goods into better (or the Best) ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philipp891111 wrote:
I Do understand the rules the same way but we actually were wondering. Because why should you ever place a worker and Start the production of a "high-end" building if you can just wait for the final round to use the production chain of the building to turn your goods into better (or the Best) ones?

Because they might be able to make those goods without having to use your other resources and make more money?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the game yet, but I hope to soon. I still don't quite understand how you do this final chaining. DO you have to use other produced goods that you already have on your other buildings, or do you pretend that you already had those produced goods? Could someone possibly give me a brief example of how one might go about doing this? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The normal rule is: If you produce at least 1 good, you may use the production chain of this building.
At game end, ignore the if-part.
In practice this might mean:
I put my wheat from my cards in hand on my mill which is now flour. I put my wood in my charburner which becomes coal. I take e.g. 2 coal and 2 flour and put them as 4 bread on my bakery. I had 3 bread from previous rounds, so I take my 7 bread and put them on my food factory as food. So this 7 food is worth 56$ (8$ each) which scores me 11 VPs (5$=1 VP).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for that explanation, Alexander! That helped greatly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Schkeuditz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
Philipp891111 wrote:

Because they might be able to make those goods without having to use your other resources and make more money?

... and because you need the money from the expansive goods to buy (expansive) buildings early. By using the chains only at the end of the game you might generate a lot of points, but you will have less money during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got to play this for the first time tonight, and this question was the first to come up. Came here for answers and, true to form, found the designer chiming in. Thanks, Mr. Pfister, for being so quick to respond.

Lots of game in that little package. One of my favourite new-to-me games of 2016, and it has made me look a lot more carefully at some other "small" card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.