Subject: Consuming Supplies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Buba
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey there,

First time commenting on BBG.

Let's assume I draw a minor failure for life support. I have a mechanic on board so the minor failure becomes a success. At the end of the year does my mechanic consume 2 supplies - 1 for the life support repair and 1 for the end of the year? What about rendezvous? Do I treat it the same way if I have a pilot?

Also, just wanted to say this game is awesome! Love it!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the mechanic's ability changes a minor failure to a success without consuming a supply.

One supply would be consumed if you repaired a damaged component. Another supply would be needed to feed up to five astronauts at the end of the year.

In your example, I think you would just consume one supply for Life Support at the end of the year.

Pilots improve the outcome of Landing and Rendezvous outcome cards by 1. So a major failure would become a minor failure, and a minor failure would become a success. These abilities do not stack, so two pilots cannot turn a major failure into a success. The pilot ability does not consume a supply.

Glad you are enjoying the game. It is easily one of my favorites!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buba
Canada
flag msg tools
I haven't played outer planets yet and I won't until I nail down the base game. This is also my favorite game.

Thanks for your quick reply, Will.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.