Hide
12 Posts

Betrayal at House on the Hill: Widow's Walk» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drawing and Panic Rooms Rules Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Dyke
msg tools
If in the drawing room you choose a omen and the haunt roll triggers the haunt which line of the table do you use to decide which haunt to play? There is no line in my table for the haunt starting in the drawing room.

If the panic room is discovered before any of the dumbwaiters are found, how do you leave?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cde4 wrote:
If in the drawing room you choose a omen and the haunt roll triggers the haunt which line of the table do you use to decide which haunt to play? There is no line in my table for the haunt starting in the drawing room.

That's an excellent question. We will discuss and get back to you on that.

cde4 wrote:
If the panic room is discovered before any of the dumbwaiters are found, how do you leave?

Through the door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick houserule for the drawing room haunt is: pick the closest omen room. If there are multiple equidistant omen rooms, the haunt revealer picks the room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Already ran into this glitch. Here's our on-the-fly ruling:

Rooms not listed in the Haunt matrix may not cause the Haunt to begin.

No muss or fuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What? So is this an error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr Niemand wrote:

Rooms not listed in the Haunt matrix may not cause the Haunt to begin.

No muss or fuss.

Well well well! That's seems the best way to implement it with no fuss. Imma add that to me rulebook...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mike selinker wrote:
cde4 wrote:

cde4 wrote:

Through the door.

Subscribed to this thread to see this answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Dyke
msg tools
mike selinker wrote:

cde4 wrote:

Through the door.

Can you go through the door even if there are dumbwaiters in the house?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brown
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When exiting, you may walk out the door as normal, or you choose to try to use the Panic Room text. If there aren't yet any rooms in the house with a dumbwaiter, then trying to use that option is probably a waste of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can somebody clarify dumbwaiter for me?

It can go to an upper or lower landing, for one extra movement... but with the rope, it can go to any landing, like one even two landings away, right (with the same one extra movement requirement)? Also, with the blueprints, you can use the dumbwaiter to take you to any room in the house, but with the regular movement space to the room, plus the additional movement for the dumbwaiter requirement, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mike selinker wrote:
cde4 wrote:

cde4 wrote:

Through the door.

Has any discussion or decisions been made about the drawing room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just clarify that you make a Haunt roll after resolving an Omen icon, not after drawing an Omen card. No fuss, no exceptions to rules.

In fact, you could interpret it that way already: the section on page 10 starts "If the room has an omen symbol..." and then "at the end of your turn...make a Haunt roll." It's totally reasonable to conclude that the Haunt roll is a result of the symbol, not the card.

(This is then immediately contradicted by the rules on page 15 for making a Haunt roll. I'll just whistle and ignore that...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.