Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Tabletop Simulator Mod rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Walter
Germany
flag msg tools
hey guys,

i made a Arkham Horror Card Game Mod for the Tabletop Simulator.

Link to the Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=781350...

If you want test out the first scenario with starter decks. It's all ready for you

I make a how to use video, soonish

greets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Awesome job on this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
NICE! THANKS!

I've been looking forward to giving this a go. It in no way beats playing a physical game - but to try before I nab my copies - I'm all in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done, seems to work just fine using all the cards from cardgamedb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dax is
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This should piss FFG off.

I mean I will still play on tabletop simulator and buy the physical game but I don't think FFG will like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
daxis32 wrote:

I mean I will still play on tabletop simulator and buy the physical game but I don't think FFG will like this.

Many of their games are on there... I was surprised to see it as well. I plan to play this - but then again - I have already preordered my physical copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thompson
msg tools
SoylentRed wrote:
daxis32 wrote:

Many of their games are on there... I was surprised to see it as well. I plan to play this - but then again - I have already preordered my physical copies.

At this point, FFG should realize that TTS mods are the best advertisement for the physical copy of the game. Because of TTS, I bought LOTR LCG, two adventure packs for it, and I will definitely buy AH LCG after I finished the demo scenario solo (it was super fun!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
oksoda wrote:
SoylentRed wrote:
daxis32 wrote:

At this point, FFG should realize that TTS mods are the best advertisement for the physical copy of the game. Because of TTS, I bought LOTR LCG, two adventure packs for it, and I will definitely buy AH LCG after I finished the demo scenario solo (it was super fun!).

Yeah - that's my hope. Personally I've used it fairly seldomly - for me at least I enjoy the physical play so much more. I could play descent on it with the app open on another screen - but I like moving the physical components... I could play Elder Sign on it or on my phone app... but I so much prefer the actual cards.

I'll play this one only because I don't yet have my physical copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jérémy royaux
msg tools
mbmbmb
if FFG was pissed, they would have acted a long time ago... Most of their games are on TTS.
They didn't...
TTS isn't like a real copy. It won't stop people from buying games (for me, it's the opposite, i bought games after trying these games on TTS)

I subscribed to your mod Jacbo. Good job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah TTS is a big ol' grey area. At the end of the day it fills a desire to play tabletop games more frequently across longer distances. Until there is an official way to do it, the benefits of free advertising outweigh the occasional person who chooses digital over physical. Most of us just use TTS as a supplement to our hobby.

Thanks for the upload. Gives us something to do before our physical copies are released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe that we're still having the Napster debate in 2016! That ship has sailed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
I can't believe that we're still having the Napster debate in 2016! That ship has sailed.

Because what was unethical 10 years ago surely can't be unethical today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

a while ago it was unethical to have sex before being married. Today, no one gives a anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
Exo Desta wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

a while ago it was unethical to have sex before being married. Today, no one gives a anymore.

And which society would you rather live in? No, scratch that. Which society would you rather your children live in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GREAT JOB Thanks for doing this !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
Anduin wrote:
Exo Desta wrote:

And which society would you rather live in? No, scratch that. Which society would you rather your children live in?

This one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

You miss my point. I assume intentionally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Exo Desta wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

Sarcasm? You mean we agree on something? That must not sit well..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
Exo Desta wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

Sarcasm? You mean we agree on something? That must not sit well..
Nope. Not at all. On neither of your first two points. As to your third, I don't know you from Adam, so why should I care whether you and I agree or not?

So let me spell things out. (Let me first point out that there is a huge difference between legality and morality) Without Napster, we would not have Spotify, Pandora, iTunes, Groove, etc. The list of viable and profitable businesses of that ilk is very long. Music would not be a predominantly downloads-driven business. It was messy and it took the music business too long to catch on and accept the inevitable, lost time that held everyone back.

It's a shame we're having the Napster discussion all over again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
At least you don't have to buy 2 sets to play with 4 ppl this way.

Btw, played it solitary yesterday in TTS because random ppl that entered my room didn't even want to bother to learn rules that I was glad to teach them. So, FFG shouldn't have to worry about TTS. Those guys that have made Silent Hitler and UNO should, because that's what is most popular there, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Nope. Not at all. On neither of your first two points. As to your third, I don't know you from Adam, so why should I care whether you and I agree or not?

So let me spell things out. (Let me first point out that there is a huge difference between legality and morality) Without Napster, we would not have Spotify, Pandora, iTunes, Groove, etc. The list of viable and profitable businesses of that ilk is very long. Music would not be a predominantly downloads-driven business. It was messy and it took the music business too long to catch on and accept the inevitable, lost time that held everyone back.

It's a shame we're having the Napster discussion all over again.

I only actually ever made one point in this thread: these mods aren't right. You can come up with all the reasoning you like in order to play free board games online without having to pay for them, but. it. isn't. morally. right.

As far as Napster goes, you can claim that music wouldn't be a predominantly downloads-driven business without the Napster fiasco, I will claim that everything has been converted from analog to digital simply because --> technological advance. If Napster didn't try (and fail) at pirating the music world, we would certainly still be listening to Pandora, and downloading mp3s to our iTunes. It's just where the world was headed.

So please don't give undue credit to the ghost of a dead thief -- we have too many other thieves still alive who are listening.

(Those who are using these mods in a responsible way [trying a game on TTS, then buying it later if that's their thing], please ignore this rant)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor S
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Boy this thread has gotten way off the rails. A few points from my POV:

1) I have pre-ordered two core sets and still played this mod to get a feel for the game so I could intelligently teach it to my group on day 1.

2) People who only want to play this on TTS are NOT lost sales for FFG. They would never have paid for the card sets anyways. Yes on some level that are "free riders" but at the very least the FFG brands and game are being promoted. These cheapos aren't the people FFG is really marketing towards.

3) If people like the game on TTS and buy it as a result, isn't that a net positive for FFG? And if they "try before they buy" on TTS and decide they don't like the game, isn't that a net positive for the consumer?

and lastly:

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS MOD!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFunkenstein wrote:

2) People who only want to play this on TTS are NOT lost sales for FFG. They would never have paid for the card sets anyways.

That is false, I know plenty of people that pirate stuff that if they had no other option would pay for it. There is no question that there are both types of people that pirate, those who would pay for it and those who would not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note, there are those game publishers that actually have paid dlc to have their games on TTS. (see darkest night, wizard's academy, tiny epic games, etc.). It's a great tool if it is used correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
I just tried it and wow I love this game. Cant wait to get my physical copies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.