Popular Tags: [View All]
OSAKA Kobe KYOTO Nara BULLET to TOKYO
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I am back online courtesy of a Raspberry Pi 3B, and a lot of shit running back and forth for three days. Turns out, the new monitor I bought a few months ago, the HDMI input is not inputting. Which means that Android on a Stick I had from last year was probably working after all, which means I didn't need to buy a frigging Pi anyway. Arse.

In other news, for Brits only, it turns out Currys/PC World are unexpectedly quite helpful in limited way. And reasonably cheaper than other options.

In other news, I couldn't buy a low end monitor with speakers and so had to get a fucking TV set. Which means the fucking arse-wipes at the TVLA are going to be all over me again. Fuck Fuck Fuck.

Still, I am now back online proper, instead of scrabbling about with my phone.

Updates to follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what if you had used "Arse" for your subject?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not buy a low end monitor without speakers, then spend $15.99 for a pair of powered speakers to plug into your headphone jack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
molnar wrote:
what if you had used "Arse" for your subject?

I would have to have discussed the topic of arses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Why not buy a low end monitor without speakers, then spend $15.99 for a pair of powered speakers to plug into your headphone jack?

The monitors without speakers were the same price for the same size, and had only 1 HDMI port, whereas the TV has 2 and a powered USB. Which means it powers the Pi, saving me a socket. Plus, my Android on a Stick should fit the other HDMI port and so might act as my media centre (but that aspect eludes me currently).

One problem I have yet to solve is to get my Pi to act as a LAN. It mounts the external drives correctly. But I can't work out how to access them via the wifi router.

On Windows, I just had to amend the properties of the directories to allow 'other users' to view and/or amend the contents. Then my phone on the same router could see the directories and play the files directly.

Now I cannot do that. I'm reading stuff on setting up the Pi as a server, maybe with a static IP address, but that seems to be not what I want (although I might therefore be able to access it away from home, I don't really want/need to do so and I imagine it makes it vulnerable).

I just want to play files on the drives attached to the Pi through my phone over my home LAN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.