45.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Barry Clark
Scotland
Aberdeen
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After some speculation (wishful thinking) on the Geek, there seems to be some mixed opinion on how much the TI3 community would like to see 'definitive' TI3 edition. (call it what you like big box, limited ed ext.)

So I have decided to put this to the Polls!

Feel free to speculate, antagonise and pontificate away but it is just a little fun! If you disagree with speculation on TI3 then click on past this post.

You never know if Christian or his team look at these forums.....

Poll
Would you buy a 'big box', 'limited edition' or 'deluxe version' of TI3?
Yes - It would be awesome
Possibly - If it was in the right price range or had cool extra's
Unlikely - FF would have to do something special for me to buy
No - Its fine the way it is - Don't change it!!
      137 answers
Poll created by baza26b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted possibly, because I just don't know until I see it....

BUT....

I would really really just like more expansions/revised errata, rulebook, and FAQ.

More expansions=take my $$$$!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven Stassen
Belgium
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
akinfantryman wrote:
I voted possibly, because I just don't know until I see it....

BUT....

I would really really just like more expansions/revised errata, rulebook, and FAQ.

More expansions=take my $$$$!!!!

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Harrop
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are three things, in increasing order of cost, I am looking for.

A fully re-written unified rules book, with corrected cards.

A standard, good set of strategy cards, which means cardboard, which means greater costs (and room for a few new 'standard' system tiles).

A total replacement of plastic with sets of good looking models, which would be really much more expensive.

But just a special reprinting of TI3 with all the expansions in one box and plastic for eight players, not so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fowler
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG would be hard pressed to expand or improve TI3 with a special edition that would add more than what has been made available to the community by Lance, Tawnos 76 and others.

I'm done buying the base game (own 3 copies), Shattered Empire (3 copies) and Shards of the Throne (only 1 copy perhaps I will get one more)

The thing that would sell is an expansion that offered new items, tiles, cards and pieces. The base game is a great sandbox. No need to change it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven Stassen
Belgium
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG should focus more on the TI universe. I own and like TI3 a lot but would not easily buy a second set just for some extra bling.

For me, a TI version of Starcraft/Forbidden Stars that could also serve as a battlescape would be a insta-buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Clark
Scotland
Aberdeen
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leifr wrote:
There are three things, in increasing order of cost, I am looking for.

A fully re-written unified rules book, with corrected cards.

A standard, good set of strategy cards, which means cardboard, which means greater costs (and room for a few new 'standard' system tiles).

A total replacement of plastic with sets of good looking models, which would be really much more expensive.

But just a special reprinting of TI3 with all the expansions in one box and plastic for eight players, not so much.

Agree with most
I would like to see a complete rule book. (possibly hard back??!!)

A definitive set of strategy cards

I would have thought looking at heavy miniatures games like, blood rage, Imperial assault, rum and bones and the like, would be an indication printing/casting minis has become cheaper in recent years due to new tech. So it should not be a massive task to come up with some variation in the sculpts.

I would like to see something special for the game, it think after all the fun (and heartache) this game has give me over the years I think it deserves the treatment.

It is far and away my favourite game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
Please don't take the poll result as definitive. There's a big gap between saying yes to a poll and actually laying down your cash P500-style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.