Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Harrison
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just wanted to say a few things about 401 Games in Toronto, Canada.

I live in Texas so I normally don't order games from Canadian stores however my usual suspects: CSI, Cardhaus and Amazon were out of Terraforming Mars and I wanted it. I got a tip from someone in the Terraforming Mars forum that 401 Games in Canada had it in stock (it's out now, sorry) if I didn't mind buying from Canada. 401 Games sells the english version of games.

So I placed an order for TM and another game and then realized they had several games that I can't find anywhere down here. I contacted them via email on Sunday after I placed the order on Saturday and heard back from them with an hour or so. We worked out me placing a new order and cancelling the first so I could get more games I wanted (Best Treehouse Ever, Mistfall: Valskyrr, The Magic Labyrinth, Gnomes of Zavandor, Mr. Jack New York) and then a few others. Their prices are very good just like my favorites CSI and Cardhaus (after converting CAD to USD of course).

They do flat $19.95 CAD shipping to the USA which amounts to about $15. My order arrived today on Saturday after it shipping on Tuesday which I thought was impressive. It was supposed to arrive next Tuesday according to tracking.

Unfortunately I received one incorrect game and several boxes had damage from shipping (protection could be improved). I sent them an email a little while ago detailing the problems. They called me with in 15 minutes and offered me a small refund for the damage and are shipping the correct game out for free.

I am very impressed with their customer service and while I normally won't be ordering from Canada, they made it easy. I just wanted to put this out there so others might learn about a seemingly great Canadian game store to do online business with even if you're in the USA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmb
they are very good you should check out boardgamebliss as well.

they are my two go to stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Gentry
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, didn't realize 401 shipped to the US. I went to their retail store when I was in Toronto last year, and was blown away by the selection and prices (sometimes the Canadian prices were cheaper than the US, even before the exchange rate). I'll have to keep an eye on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harrison
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They just lowered their USA flat rate shipping to $11.95 CAD down from $19.95 a few days ago! Quite competitive I would say. I placed another order with them yesterday again for more games that are OOP and cannot be found online in the states.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
I use them and they are good. Only thing I don't like is they do not hold orders unless you have a pre-order. I'm Canadian so sometimes I am forced to use a Canadian retailer at higher prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.