Popular Tags: [View All]
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question but the rules don't state it expressly:

If you raid a dock and take an upgrade worth 10 gold or less of that color, do you receive 1 glory or 2?

Obviously you get 1glory from the successful endeavor. In all other cases I would argue that an upgrade would confer 1 glory and be lost if your ship sinks. The problem is that the only part of the manual that says to get a glory for building one, and lose glory for sinking, is the Upgrade action itself. As such, would this be more of the case that you get the upgrade but receive no glory effects at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the glory for the raid as normal. You will also get the glory for having an additional upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcs1213 wrote:
You get the glory for the raid as normal. You will also get the glory for having an additional upgrade.

Based on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iswearihaveajob wrote:
mcs1213 wrote:

Based on...

Plunder rules. Bold added for emphasis.

Rulebook Page 19. wrote:
Take a ship upgrade worth 10 gold that matches the color of the dock and add it to any ship in the region. Gain glory as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh... how did I miss that?

Well thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is mentioned in the rulebook, but there are other ways to gain upgrades that don't have this clarification attached to them.

There's another posting by JR or Rob somewhere in the 100s of threads that basically says that every time you get a structure or upgrade you get 1 glory for it, not just when you buy it. (And if you lose that structure or upgrade then you lose the 1 glory.) I really wish that were in the rulebook, it's one of a few fundamental points that should be in the FAQ/Errata when they get around to putting one out (which I hope will be soon).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.