Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all, there are folks talking about misprints on the tiles I'm assuming. Just curious what exactly is misprinted and whether or not stickers will be provided to very one getting the game post Essen.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the board has different markings around the edge for a 4-player game as compared to the other player counts to track which player it is and when to turn the die. Both sides of the board were marked for 4 players. The stickers fix these issues and I was told my copy will have stickers to fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ciggie wrote:
I believe the board has different markings around the edge for a 4-player game as compared to the other player counts to track which player it is and when to turn the die. Both sides of the board were marked for 4 players. The stickers fix these issues and I was told my copy will have stickers to fix.

Thanks so much Jim, sounds like a simple fix. Per chance did you preorder from Funagain? (That's who I ordered from and I hope it comes with the stickers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not, I had a mule pick up a copy for me who let me know the details of the misprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ciggie wrote:
Both sides of the board were marked for 4 players. The stickers fix these issues and I was told my copy will have stickers to fix.
The game is playable at 2-3p even without the stickers; you can ignore the extra positions moving around the board and the only other bit is markings to show where everyone's next turn will be (for planning).

Missing the planning markers is the main annoyance. Without them you either need to recount a lot (slow) or remember. Remembering is more manageable at 2p than 3p.

There are also some stickers to correct the English rulebook.

Last, but not least, there are some stickers to alternate cat art for 1-2 tokens (depending on whether you use the 2 stickers on both sides of a single token). The cat art is purely cosmetic, and adorable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this misprint on the games made available at Essen only or affecting the entire first print run?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hofstedt
United States
Oak Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
venrondua wrote:
Was this misprint on the games made available at Essen only or affecting the entire first print run?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm super excited for this game, but the idea of getting a misprinted version that comes with corrective stickers bothers me a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

Managed to find this picture/scan of the sticker sheet being given out at Essen

HERE

If anyone has an info on the wider retail release being fixed that would be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Resist the Kakistocracy
United States
Innsmouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasonhofstedt wrote:
venrondua wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm super excited for this game, but the idea of getting a misprinted version that comes with corrective stickers bothers me a little.

Ditto. Fortunately, I have enough other games to keep me occupied until the inevitable second printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adverb wrote:
Jasonhofstedt wrote:
venrondua wrote:

Ditto. Fortunately, I have enough other games to keep me occupied until the inevitable second printing.

For 1, 2 or 4 players there's no need at all to use the stickers.
For 3, well maybe, but you can use a cat token to mark the target space of the gardener.

So, you don't have to wait for the second printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen 3h
Netherlands
Zwolle
flag msg tools
Jasonhofstedt wrote:
venrondua wrote:

It takes about 5 minutes to fix it using the stickers. Sure someone should have checked it before it was sent to the printer but it's an easy fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, as I understand this ain't an issue that prevents playing the game at all, and it can be easily solved.

But, does anyone know if the sticker sheet will be supplied together with retail copies bought on stores?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For solo play I have found no need to add the stickers to the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:
Well, as I understand this ain't an issue that prevents playing the game at all, and it can be easily solved.

Yeah, it doesn't prevent playing (I know, since I've played a few 1-2 player games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasonhofstedt wrote:
venrondua wrote:

Any news on that one? Are all copies faulty?
Any ideas when the next print run will start if they are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Jasonhofstedt wrote:
venrondua wrote:

Any news on that one? Are all copies faulty?

That's my impression, but I don't know for sure. To be honest, I don't notice the stickers on the board.

kilrah wrote:
Any ideas when the next print run will start if they are?

Unfortunately no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Radcliffe
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:

But, does anyone know if the sticker sheet will be supplied together with retail copies bought on stores?

My retail copy, picked up in the UK came with the sticker sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
feenix1363 wrote:
goryon wrote:

My retail copy, picked up in the UK came with the sticker sheet.

My German retail copy had it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Picart i Barrot
Andorra
Girona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my stickies too from my online shop in Spain with the game. Didn't know about the misprint before buying it and I am not happy at all about the whole thing. Shameful.

NikolasCo wrote:
Last, but not least, there are some stickers to alternate cat art for 1-2 tokens (depending on whether you use the 2 stickers on both sides of a single token). The cat art is purely cosmetic, and adorable.

Can you explain where to place those kittens? I thought they were only some gesture from the publisher asking for forgiveness and I threw away the remains of the sticker sheet with the cats in it blush

Plus, the reviews are not very positive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
omniplast wrote:
I got my stickies too from my online shop in Spain with the game. Didn't know about the misprint before buying it and I am not happy at all about the whole thing. Shameful.

NikolasCo wrote:

Can you explain where to place those kittens? I thought they were only some gesture from the publisher asking for forgiveness and I threw away the remains of the sticker sheet with the cats in it blush

Plus, the reviews are not very positive...

The kitten stickers are just extras, they have no use in the game. I also tossed them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
The board with the stickers has two spaces with 3 figures. 1 says START and the other says ZIEL.

Can someone explain why they both seem to be the same?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of them is the end space, which if I remember correctly happens earlier on the track in the 3p game as opposed to the 2p game. There is a photo someone took in the images section of the game that will help you make sure you stick everything in the right place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Papa Ninja wrote:
One of them is the end space, which if I remember correctly happens earlier on the track in the 3p game as opposed to the 2p game. There is a photo someone took in the images section of the game that will help you make sure you stick everything in the right place.

I did not see any images that indicated the difference between the two 3 spots. Can anyone point me to the right image, if it is there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is what you're looking for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, per the BGG blog:

Quote:
Uwe Rosenberg's Cottage Garden, originally released by newcomer Edition Spielwiese, has been picked up for co-publication by Pegasus Spiele, with the new printing of the game due out in December 2016.

Presumably with the correct board...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.