Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
The guy with the ideas.
badge
Look at my spooky glowing eyes!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

I wanted to start a thread for anyone to post their ideas for the game. Ex. New characters, monsters, equipment, rules, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sea life. More specifically sharks, squids, and other unpleasant things. Regular old- fashioned deep sea variety or bipedal abominations.

Scenarios involving having to exit/ enter the facility and deal with whatever's outside the site could be just as horrible for the investigators.

The stuff living down there can be just as bad already without having to get distorted by the machinations of the Elder Gods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can chambers in the game be submerged or part-flooded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a mat with deep see background
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To my mind, if a game's set in an undersea station, and you don't make use of the possibility of flooding - you've missed a HUGE trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I see from UndeadViking's review, that you use up oxygen if you're in an underwater chamber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
To my mind, if a game's set in an undersea station, and you don't make use of the possibility of flooding - you've missed a HUGE trick.

I thought they said rooms were going to flood?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From browsing the available content it seems that there are 3 rooms types, a normal room with air, a flooded room, then a flipped tile with the "nightmare" side.

So, starting a scenario there will be a mix of several flooded and normal tiles, and over time the tiles will be flipped over to the nightmare side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Alexandru Barbu
Romania
Bucuresti
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have raised the same issue of submerged rooms on the KS comments forum and got a lot of flak from fans.

My line of logical questions addressed amongst other:
- the lack of diving gear/ suits, underwater breathing devices based on explorers minis representations,
- how open hatches (according to rulebook) keep unsubmerged rooms clear of water from the underwater rooms (water control a la Abyss?), etc.

It seems that for designers and for most backers the oxygen dial is sufficient to explain thematically all these inconsistencies (at least to me).
I agree with Mark that a huge trick opportunity has been missed here or so it feels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second sea life. Sharks, mutated animals, etc

I'd also like to see some underwater tiles, maybe where one could swim out a flooded tile, through the ocean, and into another flooded tile (possibly facing sea life outside). Oh, and more human characters with cool sculpts, like the leader guy with the rifle... amazing sculpt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the pressure would crush you without some specialized diving gear... just saying
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe that's what the heavy mining suit is for. There's 2 molds for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Grinter
msg tools
mb
Room flooding mechanic where water level rises in room and can spill over to next room if it gets high enough. Maybe a pandemic style spread, with a "burst pipes" deck or Custom flood dice. Players can use hatches to seal flooding rooms but if they need to enter to complete objectives they will be a closing penalty for opening the hatch. This adds to the underwater theme and just another looming disaster to raise game tension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Charabaruk
msg tools
I would suggest that the devs make more scenarios. So far you get 8 in the core box, +1 kickstarter exclusive stretch goal, +3 if you get the expansion. It would be nice if more were added, preferably as a stretch goal or another expansion that contains multiple new scenarios that can be done using stuff from the core box.

As others have mentioned, the ability to travel outside of the mining complex to access flooded areas and possibly encounter sea life would also be amazing.

I think that a mechanic should be added for flooding to spread. If there is a flooded room adjacent to a dry room, the dry room should flood after a while unless the hatch is closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.