Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mat Fleck
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. If I perch my bird on an enemy tree, can I pick up a friendly unit? Is there any reason I'd want to? (Rules seem to focus on picking up only while in flight)

2. It feels like there is an intention that players declare their flight path before building it, such that you cannot "test out" different flight patterns on the board before committing. That said, can you still play around with the different templates outside of the gameplay area to kind of get a vague idea of the shape?

3. I see that missions may contain a large figure, but am I correct in seeing there are no large ground figures included in the base game? Is this just for like the spider, if that figure is owned?

4. If opponent has multiple available figures to activate and you are out of figures to activate, do you collect a cheese before each of their remaining activations?

5. To confirm: just before Final Phase, does the last player to "pass" still receive a cheese?

Thanks!

Just now pulled this game off the shelf after having purchased it at launch, but stumbling a bit at the rules. Also dismayed that I've had two birds swivel points crack before I have even played my first game. One of those birds isn't playable at all, the other is hanging on by a thin thread.. but it sounds like PHG has a good replacement policy.
Looking forward to picking up M&M just to have the minis. (but yikes, $50 for that..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Liu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msfleck wrote:
1. If I perch my bird on an enemy tree, can I pick up a friendly unit? Is there any reason I'd want to? (Rules seem to focus on picking up only while in flight)

A bird can only transport while it is flying. I think you are asking if you can transport WHILE it is perched. No, you cannot, though you can transport once that bird takes off again.

msfleck wrote:
2. It feels like there is an intention that players declare their flight path before building it, such that you cannot "test out" different flight patterns on the board before committing. That said, can you still play around with the different templates outside of the gameplay area to kind of get a vague idea of the shape?

Correct that you need to declare before building. Re: "testing out" I'd say that falls under house rules. When playing at home, I'd most likely let my opponent do it, but I'd avoid doing it myself (part of the fun, in my mind, is comparing what I'm trying to do with what ends up happening). If I were a Tournament Director and the question came up, I wouldn't allow it.

msfleck wrote:
3. I see that missions may contain a large figure, but am I correct in seeing there are no large ground figures included in the base game? Is this just for like the spider, if that figure is owned?

Correct. You can, of course, use a proxy for the spider.

msfleck wrote:
4. If opponent has multiple available figures to activate and you are out of figures to activate, do you collect a cheese before each of their remaining activations?

Yes to multiple available UNITS, not figures. And, of course, you don't collect "before their activation" but rather you collect the cheese instead of your activation/turn.

msfleck wrote:
5. To confirm: just before Final Phase, does the last player to "pass" still receive a cheese?

There is no "final pass." Once everyone is out of units to activate, the Activation Phase ends. That is, you can only "pass" if there is someone else with an available unit.

msfleck wrote:
Just now pulled this game off the shelf after having purchased it at launch, but stumbling a bit at the rules. Also dismayed that I've had two birds swivel points crack before I have even played my first game. One of those birds isn't playable at all, the other is hanging on by a thin thread.. but it sounds like PHG has a good replacement policy.

You absolutely should reach out to them. My set has been perfect, but AFAIK, everyone who needed a replacement got one.

msfleck wrote:
Looking forward to picking up M&M just to have the minis. (but yikes, $50 for that..)

$50 just for minis is definitely not worth it in my mind. $50 for an awesome game experience that happens to give additional minis for Tail Feathers? Might just be the best $50 you ever spend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Fleck
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for all the answers!!! Much appreciated. Played my first game this week, and it was super fun.

This game is really an excellent departure of theme from all the other games out there. Really great stuff.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.