Hide
14 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: Price rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Köhler
msg tools
The Price is from the Ferengi kalkulated? For a three player boardgame in the basic-version. I have to say, this is to much. In Essen they did not sold very much of them. I would say understandable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
What has the number of supported players got to do with the price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fazakerley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I pre ordered this back in June with my FLGS I was quoted a price of £63. I'm still waiting for it. Since then the £ has dropped in value and I'm concerned that this will increase the cost of the game in the UK. Bloody Brexit!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Troll post is trolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fazakerley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Troll post is trolling.

What?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cymrusaint wrote:
Novacat wrote:
Troll post is trolling.

What?

I am asserting that the OP isn't interested in reasonable discussion, but just wants to complain about things that there's no reason to complain about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Cymrusaint wrote:
Novacat wrote:
Troll post is trolling.

What?

I am asserting that the OP isn't interested in reasonable discussion, but just wants to complain about things that there's no reason to complain about.

I wouldn't be too hard on him. English is not his native language. Many others have been saying the game is expensive.

Too high a price for the game or not, basic prices have been going up for the middle class (just look at gas) and everyone is feeling the pinch, unless they are making very good money. So it's understandable that some would complain. Calling him a Troll is a bit much imho Nova.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Cymrusaint wrote:
Novacat wrote:
Troll post is trolling.

What?

Seems the one who isn't interested in reasonable discussion is the one who jumps into a thread to insult a stranger for expressing an opinion or asking a question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an expensive game, but games like this are expensive. I mean games that come with lots of theme and minis and pieces. As a licensed game, it's not really overpriced.

Star Wars Rebellion has the same retail price, and only comes with two playable factions.

What starts looking unreasonably expensive is when you consider adding the extra factions. Throwing in Ferengi, Romulan, and Cardassian expansion doubles the price of the game. Of course, you come close to doubling the components as well.

So for a boardgame, yes, it starts pricey and only gets worse if you want to play factions not in the base game, and/or add more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kingbobb wrote:
Throwing in Ferengi, Romulan, and Cardassian expansion doubles the price of the game. Of course, you come close to doubling the components as well.

Fortunately, the Romulans come with the game and are not an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
The price at Essen was 100 Euro - and 40 euro for the play-mat. I thought that was kind of absurdly expensive - was intending to get a copy but at that price I didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Speh
msg tools
mb
Skipped this one at essen too. 100€ seemed a bit off for it.
Also my online retailer of choice lists it of 88€ including Promos...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr_Gothmog wrote:
Also my online retailer of choice lists it of 88€ including Promos...

Including the resin space stations? Would be strange...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To quote Futurama: "Stuff costs more than it used to!"

Seriously though, $100 is the new $80 for boardgames. Fortunately, MSRP is a charity that some people choose to pay to support their FLGS or because they're impatient; everybody else buys at 30+% off from an online story (with no tax and saving up to get that free shipping). At ~$65 this game seems much more reasonably priced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.