6 Posts

Allegiance: A Realm Divided» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tunneling Demolitionist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Yeoh
msg tools
The card reads

When Tunneling Demolitionist enters play, you may deal 3 damage to target hero and each unit that player controls.

Here comes the question of Ansatsu's armor which reads

Your hero is not affected by the first opposing ability or action card that targets it each turn.

Does this means that if no one else targeted Ansatsu this turn, the Demolitionist's ability would fail to trigger completely, and thus not dealing 3 damage to all units & hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The units would be affected. The armor states nothing about a hero's units being unaffected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Longbombed wrote:
The units would be affected. The armor states nothing about a hero's units being unaffected.

I'm not so sure. With how literal UG has been when replying to all the other questions...
The Demolitionist says the hero is the target. Since the armor says the hero is not affected, then the Demolitionist has no target anymore.

I know it doesn't make the most sense, but then some of UG's other answers haven't made the most sense to me either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Yeoh
msg tools
I'm understanding it the same as C B. When I read it literally, it doesn't seem to imply that the units will be affected because it is part of the ability, and the ability could only trigger if it manages to target and take effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without a formal rule clarification yet, I gravitate to the idea that Ansatsu will not be affected by Demolitionist's ability to deliver 3 damage but the rest of his units other than Ninja Initiate will be affected unless it is not the first ability targeted at Ansatsu and his special unit.

Ansatsu's armor merely state that he is not affected by the effect of the first ability or event cards but does not necessary mean he cannot be targeted. However, this is only my interpretation. A more formal rule clarification issued by UG will be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Underground Games
msg tools
publisher
Hey everyone,

Ansatsu's armor says that the hero is not affected, but does not say anything about units. This means that Ansatsu won't take the 3 damage, but all units controlled by that player will still take 3 damage each.

Ansatsu's armor doesn't say that the hero can't be targeted, so Tunneling Demolitionist's ability can still target and will still occur. The armor only says that the hero is not affected (won't take the 3 damage), not that it will cancel any ability that targets the hero.

Hope that clears it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.