Dead of Winter (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Activation question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GRS

Poland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get this game and learning the rules with an introductionary scenario. So I have a question about activation.

I drawn Activation Marker. This means I can move one brigade and, if I want to move two or three brigades, I need to make Brigade Coordination check first, right?

Or can I simply move as much brigades as I want to after drawing this marker, while Brigade Coordination give me only an opportunity to move them altogether and combine their attacks and so on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Sutton
Australia
Moruya
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The Activation Markers are for bigger units than brigades. They are Divisions (although the two sides are organised a bit differently). A Division will have 2 or 3 or 4 Brigades.

When the Division AM is picked from the cup you have to move, fire, melee and recover (for units that do nothing else) with each Brigade in that Division one at a time. All actions for 1 Brigade, then all actions for the next. Until all that Division's Brigades have activated and completed all their actions.

Brigade coordination allows you to do the activation for 2 (or however many you can roll for) Brigades at the same time. This allows you to do combined assaults with units from different brigades. It's as if the coordinated Brigades are the same Brigade for that AM.

Does that explain this well enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GRS

Poland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I understand now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.