Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

some questions after the first game

1. will the opfor ever spilt up and move a longer way if the way before them is narrowed by CDD

if i walk the blue line, will the opfor ever decide to walk the red one?

it will be not the shortest way to a merc. but the way they stand now only one opfor is able to attack (because of the CDD)

2. the personal ability of the eu sergeant, and his weapon ability are nearly the same, why should i ever use the personal one?

3. count workers and employes towards the "imidiate increase of secure lvl when 9 opfor are in the building?"

4. do worker escape also in the elevator?

5. shooting and moving diagonaly is possible if line of sight is ok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cador2 wrote:
hi,
some questions after the first game
1. will the opfor ever spilt up and move a longer way if the way before them is narrowed by CDD

if i walk the blue line, will the opfor ever decide to walk the red one?

it will be not the shortest way to a merc. but the way they stand now only one opfor is able to attack (because of the CDD)

Each OpFor will move the shortest route to the highest priority MERC it can engage (move + Range)

If it cant make a route due to occupancy then it isn't a valid route , it will find the next shortest route to one it can engage. Failing being able to engage they will move towards the highest priority target, although I normally play this with a bit oc common snese e.g. Closest it could engage if it had doble movement before it then launches off in another direction towards the highest priority. To stp gaming the situation. If you seperate your MERCS enough that this happens its likely a few will be killed and you will fail.
Rules 4.0.4 Page 6 Combat wrote:

Combat for the OpFor is handled the same as it is for the players, except for target selection. OpFor select the target in range (weapon + movement) highest on the priority track. The OpFor attacks the highest priority target in range. If they need to move to get in range of a high priority target, they will.

cador2 wrote:

2. the personal ability of the eu sergeant, and his weapon ability are nearly the same, why should i ever use the personal one?

His personal ability is that when he is adjacent to a Leader he extends Leadership ability into his area. e.g. gain extra CP in the refresh phae.

Corporate ability extends to all his personal ability is fo B&C ? I think you may be misreading his player board or have the wrong MERC.

cador2 wrote:

3. count workers and employes towards the "imidiate increase of secure lvl when 9 opfor are in the building?"

Yes everything except agents are opfor.
Rules 4.0.4 Page 6 wrote:

The OpFor are anything in the building other than agents and MERCS.
/q][
q="cador2"]
4. do worker escape also in the elevator?

Nope Stairs only unless Mission says otherwise.

cador2 wrote:

5. shooting and moving diagonaly is possible if line of sight is ok?

Yes as long as the whole shooter and target circles are in full LOS , normally only in a big office as this wont happen round a corner.
[q="Rules 4.0.4" Page 9 Attack]
The complete area circle of the attacker must be able to see the complete area circle of the target or the attack cannot take place.
[/q]

Have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you,

some more questions:

1. you are right, i didn´t meant the seargent i meant the analyst:

personal ability: reduce cp for interact by 1, so interact would cost 2
weapon ability: costs 1 cp but reduces interact to zero, so it is 1 cp at the end.

why should i ever use the personal ability?

2. i have analyst cards in both core sets, but there are no chips, spawn events or missions that feature the analyst

i only find him in the critical extraction exp pack.

3. how to mix the core sets?
can i have 2 times the same named room?
is there a min/max number of agents (colored dots) that should be there after setup?
can i mix the missions? event cards, agent movementcards?

4. no line of sight through doors, so if i defend a room i can just fill it up with 3 mercs and wait? no one will shoot or enter?

5. in a b&c event, do i use the normal setup described in the rule book and ONLY the setup on the card for the room with the right mission objective? or do i use the b&c setup on the mission card for every b&c that contains an objective?

6. destroy an objective means bringing the CD track on the b&c to 10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cador2 wrote:
thank you,

some more questions:

1. you are right, i didn´t meant the seargent i meant the analyst:

personal ability: reduce cp for interact by 1, so interact would cost 2
weapon ability: costs 1 cp but reduces interact to zero, so it is 1 cp at the end.

why should i ever use the personal ability?

You can equip different weapons so thn the personal ability ould be useful

cador2 wrote:

2. i have analyst cards in both core sets, but there are no chips, spawn events or missions that feature the analyst

I only find him in the critical extraction exp pack.

The event cards that pull in the Analyst can be used by replacing core events.

I have two cards but not sure which expansion they came from
cador2 wrote:

3. how to mix the core sets?
can i have 2 times the same named room?
is there a min/max number of agents (colored dots) that should be there after setup?
can i mix the missions? event cards, agent movementcards?

I would say yes unless the room is named in the Mission.

I cant recall where but there is a set number of recomended Agents e.g. the base no. mix of REd Blue and Black some discussion on this.

The Movement cards and Event cards are set but you can swap the base event cards for special employees or uniques.

If I fnd the discussions I will pos them.
cador2 wrote:

4. no line of sight through doors, so if i defend a room i can just fill it up with 3 mercs and wait? no one will shoot or enter?

Yes but you could become trapped , useful occaisionally but I wouldnt advise relying on it.
cador2 wrote:

5. in a b&c event, do i use the normal setup described in the rule book and ONLY the setup on the card for the room with the right mission objective? or do i use the b&c setup on the mission card for every b&c that contains an objective?

B&C on the Mission cards for rooms with objectives and the Rulebook non-objective B&C for rooms without Objectives.
cador2 wrote:

6. destroy an objective means bringing the CD track on the b&c to 10?

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.