Dogs of War» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion plans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Shut Up and Sit Down's review I bought myself a copy of Dogs of War a little while ago, and I love it! It's quickly become one of my most-played and most-loved games, so naturally I want to know if there is any expansion planned.

There already sort of exists one, but making the additional characters exclusive to the kickstarter was a pretty annoying decision for those of us who came late to the party, and it sounds like those exclusive bits are going to stay that way. I doubt I will ever be able to get my hands on them. Oh well.

I'd like to see another five characters designed specifically to be played together (although of course players could mix and match if they like). There's also scope for new tactics cards and other additions to the core gameplay. Several optional modules, similar to Kingsburg's expansion, would be perfect.

Would anyone else love to see more Dogs of War?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cole
United Kingdom
Cottenham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
Re: Expansion plans
+1

Dogs of war gets a 10 rating from me. The game is shop much treacherous fun. I would love to see an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Isch
United States
chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see an expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernesto La Tassa
Italy
flag msg tools
Also I really like the game and a few days ago I asked the designer Paolo Mori if it were in an expansion program. Sadly she told me that it is not scheduled

cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you change this thread title to a question, so that I don't ride the roller coaster of disappointment as hard next time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed CMON on an expansion also couple months back and was told no plans for an expansion at this time, all we can do is keep singing its praises and get more people to buy the game and hope they come out with an expansion down the road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Gerding
Poland
Łódź
łódzkie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said in the other expansion thread, this game will probably not get an expansion, and if it does it won't be for a very long time. If the minis were wooden disks instead of expensive plastic, we might have actually seen a character expansion. But because they have to use the stupid bust minis for each character, I just don't see it happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
Could you change this thread title to a question, so that I don't ride the roller coaster of disappointment as hard next time?

Oops! Done.

HeirToPendragon wrote:
As I said in the other expansion thread, this game will probably not get an expansion, and if it does it won't be for a very long time. If the minis were wooden disks instead of expensive plastic, we might have actually seen a character expansion. But because they have to use the stupid bust minis for each character, I just don't see it happening.

You can argue about the merits of blocks versus busts all you want, but if the demand was there for an expansion it would happen either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.