Popular Tags: [View All]
Juanlu Bermudez
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I was able to put in play one of those extreme strategies that I like to try just to get the full scope of a game.

The idea was to get as many packs of white cubes and grey octogons as I could and take the final scoring card that gives 3 victory points for every pack.

There are a number of cards to support this strategy but I didn't become too obsesed. I just picked an extra buy at the marked and an extra cube/octogon purchase for free. Maybe I didn't a lot of dresses but put these in the spaces that give market, cube or octogon bonuses.

I finished the game with 9 packs of cube+octogon wich gave me 27 victory points. 27 points are way too much for this game! I won by a difference of more than 20 points (was a two players game) wondering if this actually broke the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
Personally I find this card meh in a 2 or 4 player game. In a 3 or 5 player game where more board spots are going to be taken from you this is a good strategy to get out of the fight (but in turn allows other players to take better spots). I do not find it too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benjamin CLOVIS
France
flag msg tools
It seems to me that if your opponent had seen this coming, he would have bought that scoring card ahead of you, leaving you with a bunch of useless cubes and octogons at the end of the game maybe? After all, if you were able to aquire that many pairs, I am guessing that you sacrificed some other scoring aspect of the game no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Hartel
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And sometimes this card won't come along at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paladins_Angel wrote:
And sometimes this card won't come along at all.

With the base game, all cards always come out. Even with the expansion, I believe all of the level 6 cards still always come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.