Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I don't have any experience with the original version of Arkham Horror, but I just saw this photo taken at Arkham Nights (2016):

What is this? I looked at the AH 1987 page and it doesn't look like this. Did they remake the game specifically for Arkham Nights?

Any attendees have comments on if they changed things other than the appearance? I'm very curious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That board is beautiful. Looks like an alt version of Arkham? Fan made?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Though it isn't the original AH board, it looks like that is what inspired it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the components look custom made..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They had a few versions going there being run by Richard Launius.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfpack48 wrote:

It is an alternative art version of the original game. It was run by the designer Richard Launius who was at the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cthulhu Hunter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregaria wrote:
Wolfpack48 wrote:

It is an alternative art version of the original game. It was run by the designer Richard Launius who was at the event.

Yep, the board was as beautiful in person as it looks in the picture. The game was an updated demo copy of "classic Arkham Horror". Richard refreshed the art in the old game, added in twice the amount of encounters in a new encounter book he used, added some tweaks (a couple of new skills to the base 4 from Arkham, phobias and injuries to draw when you lose all Sanity and Stamina, taxis located on the board where you could pay a $1 to go anywhere on the board, added some new investigators, and used big standees for the Ancient Ones.)

I was lucky enough to play this on Saturday. I expected to have fun gaming with Richard and to have a bit of nostalgia for the old Arkham Horror, but found myself really digging the simplicity of Arkham Horror Classic - all the fun of saving the world versus the menace of the Ancient Ones, but with half the dice rolling and time. It was the highlight of Arkham Nights for me (that is saying a lot, with the release of the Arkham Horror - the Card Game, my first play of 2nd edition Mansion of Madness, and playing in a 17 player Cycle of Eternity Eldritch Horror game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep was also lucky enough to play this on Saturday, in fact those are my arms at the top of the picture
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
decaramas wrote:
Yep was also lucky enough to play this on Saturday, in fact those are my arms at the top of the picture

And fine arms they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.