Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure would like to see for this game a version of Jose Ruiz's (stukajoe) CDG solo mechanism that he developed for Paths of Glory. Any others hoping the same?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Am not familiar with that system. Can you elaborate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

This article gives the details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest files are here https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/128764/cdg-solo-method-di...

and the designer's Excellent video tutorial is here: https://boardgamegeek.com/video/91662/paths-glory/solo-cdg-m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dolges
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played a game of Washinton's War using the solo CDG method as is. It was quite fun.

Basically I made sure that each faction got 7 card plays per turn, modified by discards or card draw events which would modify the number of available plays for the faction. For battle cards I just used the die range for its position on the track to determine if I was able to play it when I thought it would be useful.

For mandatory events they would shift or played unless they were in card position E in which case they are forced to be played for the impulse.

I look forward to trying the method with other CDGs. StukaJoe did a great job with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srd5090 wrote:
I have played a game of Washinton's War using the solo CDG method as is. It was quite fun.

Basically I made sure that each faction got 7 card plays per turn, modified by discards or card draw events which would modify the number of available plays for the faction. For battle cards I just used the die range for its position on the track to determine if I was able to play it when I thought it would be useful.

For mandatory events they would shift or played unless they were in card position E in which case they are forced to be played for the impulse.

I look forward to trying the method with other CDGs. StukaJoe did a great job with it!

I've been very interested in this and Paths of Glory and only recently discovered this solo method. Time to open up my wallet again.

I'm going to give this a try with Empire of the Sun as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.