4 Posts

Festung Europa: The Campaign for Western Europe, 1943-1945» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fortress Units and Retreats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
As Maxim 168 says: "L'espérance, toute trompeuse qu'elle est, sert au moins à nous mener à la fin de la vie par un chemin agréable."
badge
"I'm not allowed to say how many planes joined the raid, but I counted them all out and I counted them all back." Brian Hanrahan
mbmbmbmbmb
When a Fortress Unit is defending by itself, and it loses a step in combat, is it forced to retreat, thereby eliminating itself?

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I do believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Finch
United States
Pearl River
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless there is a rule such as fortresses ignore retreats (but not other units in hex)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Fortress unit has no other units in the hex to absorb losses then it would be eliminated for failure to retreat. This is why in most cases the Axis player wants to pair at least a corps with a full-strength fortress. If there are two losses the corps is eliminated and then the fortress unit is reduced to cancel the retreat, leaving a reduced fortress that will require another Action Round to eliminate.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Festung Europa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.