3 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Travelling to Caradhras in the Redhorn Gate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dragomir Anachkov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
After the 11th progress token is put on quest card 2B and Caradhras is now the active location, does that mean that players travel to it? On the Caradhras card the text says: "Players cannot travel to Caradhras except by quest card effects." And the text on quest card 2B says: "... Caradhras becomes the active location". Is this considered travelling to it?

I am asking because I am not sure if I can use Ever My Heart Rises and Strength of Will in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Kirk Bauer FAQ:

12. Snowdrifts wrote:
You don't travel to Caradhras (D 15), it just becomes your active location. After reaching 11 tokens on this card, any remaining unplaced progress tokens will then be placed on Caradhras (D 15).

Interestingly but not related to your question, from FFG FAQ:
Quote:

Q: If Caradhras (DD 15) is in my victory display when
I complete stage 2 of The Redhorn Gate, will it become
the active location even though it is not in play?

A: Yes. You will remove Caradhras from your victory
display and put it back into play as the active location.
Cards in the victory display are not removed from the
game and can still be referenced by effects. If players
get too far ahead of themselves via card effects, they’ll
find a return journey is necessary!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragomir Anachkov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
Yes, I really have my doubts to be honest. It should not be considered as travelling to the location but still the wording implies that it should be: "Players cannot travel to Caradhras except by quest card effects" and the 2B text includes the only quest card effect related to that location in this adventure.

It should have been stated that players cannot travel to Caradhras on the Caradhras' card and that's it. And the text on 2B should have been left as it is. This would have removed any doubts, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.