Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do card actions happen as soon as you play card? For example I have the Boots that reduce clank by 2 and I need the card's money to buy a card that will give me +2 clank. Can I buy the card adding 2 clank and then reduce the clank by 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dennen
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The -2 clank lasts until the end of the turn, so you can use it when you buy the +2 clank card to end up with 0 clank.

Generally speaking, the game was designed (and the rules were written) to be player-friendly with the way cards interact and you don't usually have to worry about timing. Another example is with teleport actions such as with Ancient Invoker or Wand of Recall -- you can use the teleport action whenever you want during the turn, you don't have to use it as soon as you play the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Wolgast
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC the rulebook mentions that every card happens at the same time and lasts until the end of your turn, meaning that no matter what order you play your cards, their effects apply for the entire round. So yes, you can reduce your clank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks,Paul. Enjoyable game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.