48% of Goal | left

Support:

Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadpool has released this week! That means the Civil War Storyline will be coming to a close. With it coming to a close I something extra special cooked up for next week. Then that will give everyone about two weeks to pick up the latest expansion before we jump right into it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been brewing beneath the surface and it has all finally come down to blows. Captain America Vs. Iron Man. Liberty vs. Security. Who will come out on top? There has to be more than these teams fighting each someone has to manipulating them, but who?

1-Player
Expansions you will need to play: Civil War, Captain America
Scheme: Epic Civil War
Mastermind: Authortarian Iron Man
Henchmen: Cape Killers
Villain(s): Superhuman Registration Act
Heroes: Captain America (Secret Avenger), Falcon, Stature, Winter Soldier

2-Players
Expansions you will need to play: Civil War, Captain America
Scheme: Epic Civil War
Mastermind: Authortarian Iron Man
Henchmen: Cape Killers
Villain(s): Superhuman Registration Act, Registration Enforcers
Heroes: Captain America (Secret Avenger), Falcon, Stature, Winter Soldier, Hawkeye

3-Players
Added Villain(s): SHIELD Elite

4-Players
Added Villain(s): SHIELD Elite
Added Henchmen: Sentinels

5-Players
Expansions you will need to play: Secret Wars Vol 1
Added Villain(s): SHIELD Elite, Thunderbolts
Added Henchmen: Sentinels
Added Hero: Dr. Strange
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo

TheUbiquitous
Game 1: Good Won!
Player 1: 53

2-Players

usuba
Game 1: Good Won!
Player 1: 46
Player 2: 48
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark City Solo

Attempt 1: Victory, 53 VP.

With the "put a card on the bottom of the Hero Deck at every Scheme Twist" and 9 Twists---which themselves KO troublesome Hero cards---I was able to get four of the five rares.

Divided cards powered my 2-cost Captain America Recruit card, which helped greatly, and some play-a-card, draw-a-card interactions mitigated a midgame Iron Spider fortifying my deck.

Refreshing win, especially after a week of trying to get the last challenge---and more than a few frustrating attempts playing digital Sentinels and trying to unlock Dark Watch Setback. Ugh!

Thanks for the issue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two player, Final Blow

Good wins!
P1: 46
P2: 48

It took me a few minutes to understand the scheme twist, I was thinking "but how does this help run the hero deck out, nine twists = nine heroes? And then -click- and on with the game"
So my tactic seemed dubious, hold onto all the high attack and rare cards in HQ, discard recruit in hands and HQ, half way through I considered changing that tactic as I no longer had the recruit to, well, recruit. Things got lucky, attack started to add up and once the ball was rolling Authoritarian Iron Man was crushed, cubed and sold for scrap. Three villain cards left in the deck, so actually it was close. The last scheme twist sat on the bottom.

Nice game

Edit: just to add, ten hero cards were left in the hero deck, so closer than I thought, glad I finished it when I did and didn't get greedy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.