Subject: The fun of fighting Beli'al rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Our Level 5 posse has taken on the last of the Shadow Kings twice so far, and I must say he's a truly fun Epic Threat to fight!

His Lord of Cynder ability keeps you on your toes (ha, I made a funnylaugh!), while his "Pinata Power" (as I call) it makes sure you're well rewarded for battling him even if you don't win.

The Scourge of Worlds ability is quite nasty and keeps the tension high, as does his wonderful Shadow Magic deck; he's got some great spells in there, but the most surprising thing about his Shadow Magic is that usually if you can make a tough Trait roll, it can benefit you more than him!

The key to defeating him is the one around his neck (ha, another funnylaugh!) and I would say it's definitely worth the risk of losing a hit to try to strike it.

Our first battle against him was a real nailbiter. He healed himself enough through a Shadow Magic card which we failed to stop that he was still at ten Health when one of our two member posse fell. My Indian Scout, Swift Eagle, would almost certainly be able to do the last ten wounds on his next activation, but when the next turn came one of the weakest Growing Dread cards spelled our doom: the card which gives enemies +1 Initiative this round! That was enough to tie our Initiatives, which meant Beli'al went first and struck down my Scout (to add insult to injury, he also cast a Shadow Magic spell which gave him a 4+ Hero Defense that turnyuk)!

The next time we got to him much more quickly and managed to take him down decisively, but Beli'al is apparently a sore loser; right after that Mission my Indian Scout got the Travel Hazard where he was possessed by Beli'algoo!

Anyone else faced the last of the Shadow Kings, or any other excellent Epic Threat lately? How did it go for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.