Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I'm expecting the game to reach my hands, a few people claimed that you can't discriminate easily the sprinter from the rouler.
Painting them is an option but from what I have seen from the designer, he managed to paint a huge "R" (rouler) and a huge "S" (sprinter)on minis back!
Another option could be to paint the base only....
What you think guys, any ideas?

This game IS a true gem!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All you really need is a dot of a colour on one of them to distinguish them from each other. So if you don;t want to go to the hassle of actualy painting them, a little dot of Tipp-Ex (or equivalent!) somewhere on one of them would work fine.

Once I get my copy - whenever it's released over here! - I would love to paint them in some of the colours of the Tour teams. Red would become Giant Alpecin or BMC, Blue would be Team Sky or Movistar etc... I'm really looking forward to trying to recreate some of the Tour de France stages next year with the Grand Tour rules Asger put on BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just paint a R or a S on the bases of the riders.

But my idea is too go up to 1/32 scale.
I did it with World Cycling Game, so why not this one too?

I believe there are 4 riders in different positions, but since this game only need two riders for each team, you should pick those positions that is further from each other.

And with 'only' 6 stages, you could easily draw them on A3 papers and keep them for later games.

I shop here: http://www.sportgoodies.fr/shop/en/

Asger, you might want to hear if the shop will sell your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
athibor wrote:
Although I'm expecting the game to reach my hands, a few people claimed that you can't discriminate easily the sprinter from the rouler.
Painting them is an option but from what I have seen from the designer, he managed to paint a huge "R" (rouler) and a huge "S" (sprinter)on minis back!
Another option could be to paint the base only....
What you think guys, any ideas?

This game IS a true gem!!

Imo there is no need to fix anything, the riders are well distinguishable. You just have to look at the bike saddle. If you can see it almost fully, then you are looking at the Sprinteur (who is cycling standing up).

That, and there is a very visible R (and a less visible S for the Sprinteur) on the back of the Rouleur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Shaw

Central
Hong Kong
msg tools
mbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:

Thanks for the link to this site! So cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
But my idea is to go up to 1/32 scale.

What scale are the figures in the game?

(By the way Rene, thanks for the tip about the Sport Goodies store. I had no idea such a place existed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spindoc wrote:
Slotracer wrote:
But my idea is to go up to 1/32 scale.

What scale are the figures in the game?

(By the way Rene, thanks for the tip about the Sport Goodies store. I had no idea such a place existed.)

I would say approx. 1/60
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:
That, and there is a very visible R (and a less visible S for the Sprinteur) on the back of the Rouleur.

Thanks for this - we'd completely missed them!

I've filled both letters with a bit of white acrylic paint (brush in, wipe off - leaves the paint in the crevice). Much more noticeable now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

From left to right
Original FR riders, 1/43 metal rider think it's called Peugeot rider from 1975 and last 1/32 plastic riders from Sportgoodies.fr, painted by me.

So what ever you choose, you might have to upscale the track pieces too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ten of the 1/43 riders for sale, if any is interested.
Sent me a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1/43 riders seem to fit the track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started to paint my riders......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. You have a steady hand if you painted the letters on their backs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The letters on the backs are the easy part. Even with my eyesight. Simply flow some acrylic paint into the letters, then wipe off the excess - which leaves paint in the actual crevice of the letter.

Nice work on the riders BTW. I may have to do the same (and paint the bases blue and gold to match the card backs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeez I didn't even know there were letters on their backs... just had to get them out to check.... doh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did a bit more work on my riders........

As you might can see, the sprinters have a slightly darker base than the roulers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Shaw

Central
Hong Kong
msg tools
mbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
Did a bit more work on my riders........

As you might can see, the sprinters have a slightly darker base than the roulers.

Nice work!

After what seems like a 'lifetime' of waiting, I think my copy has finally arrived from foreign shores! Off to the Post Office later today to find out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job, especially like the idea of slightly different bases
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to copy the idea, but intend to paint my bases uniform grey - except that I will colour the edge of the bases yellow or blue for the two different rider types.

Done now. Waiting for the paint to fully dry before varnishing them. Hopefully I won't stuff that part up, as they look pretty good for a couple of hours work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still need varnishing, and the lighting is rubbish, but you get the idea ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Shaw

Central
Hong Kong
msg tools
mbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Still need varnishing, and the lighting is rubbish, but you get the idea ...

Nice!

I'm scared to start on mine in case I screw it up! I definitely want to mark the 'S' and 'R' more clearly, but these painted cyclists all look so good that I feel I should step up my efforts...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first painting I've done for over five years, and I neither have the steady hand nor the eyesight to do much better. I was quite frustrated with how little I could see - it'll be bifocal lenses for me next time I visit the optician, I fear.

My biggest fear is not that they're a bit sloppy (they are), or that I could do better (I might have done ten years ago), but that because I did these in a lazy way (no undercoat; the self-colour of the moulded plastic has been painted onto in parts, and left alone in others) that the paint will be especially prone to chipping and flaking. And now I have the anxiety of needing to do a job with the varnish that is good enough to stop that happening, without going horribly wrong and ruining the work done so far. It's too cold and damp to varnish today, for example

Getting the S and R painted was a piece of cake in comparison. Flow some relatively thick white acrylic paint into the letters, then wipe off. That will leave the paint in the crevice and not otherwise on the jerseys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.