Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When clues are spent to draw a cultist, do those count towards finding them? Or do i need to track them down and defeat them? I'm a bit confused the wording of the objective. not to mention how you're supposed to complete it solo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those clues are spent. When you draw a cultist you then "spawn" it based on its text. To get it in your victory pile either you need to defeat it, or complete what it says on the card. I think it's called parlay, but I don't have it in front of me. We asked one of the designers for this clarification while completing the campaign on Saturday.

I completed scenario 1 solo today, I haven't tackled this one solo yet.

It was difficult with 4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry, my wording was poor too, lol. i knew the clues were spent, i just didn't know what "find" meant. is it reveal them? defeat them? i saw one that said if you evade it put it in the victory pile.

getting through the scenario isn't too hard, you can just resign and get out of there, but it seems really tough to succeed. i really should've played through this while i was up there and asked some questions to the designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spend the 2 clues and they appear in the location stated. Then you have to go there and deal with them through whatever means if you want to add them to your victory display and claim the points.

You don't have to get all of them to pass the scenario. I would say that you should aim to get as many as you can and then resign before the clock runs out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you spend the clues to reveal them, follow their spawn instructions.
Many of them don't have to be defeated in combat, there are other ways to "interrogate" them.
I don't want to spoil anything but the more cultists you can get into the victory pile by interrogating them, the better off you'll be.

We we able to get 4 of them.

We did complete the entire scenario with a win.
From start to finish with 4 players we hit just about 5 hours.

I'm still going over the rules references. The whole death thing is still throwing me off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
which part about death?

if i recall, when you are defeated during a scenario you get a trauma based on how you were defeated. if you die by health loss it's physical, if it's by horror it's mental. then the next scenario that character participates in they start with one damage/horror for each point of trauma. that damage can be healed but comes back in later scenarios. when a character takes enough trauma equal to their max health/horror then they are dead forever. a new character must be chosen, and if there are no characters left to choose from then the group loses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this clarifies it for me.... I think.
So you don't take additional weakness cards you just make physical or mental trauma.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, just start future scenarios with some damage. Until it kills you of course...

Keep in mind too, if a character starts with this trauma damage, it can be healed, but just in the scenario. As far as I know that recurring trauma is forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it in the rules reference.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.