Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
Were these promos supposed to be in the game box or in the beaver expansion? I seem to be missing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
mb
You don't miss anything. The 4 team randomizer cards in the beaver deck were changed into junk cards, so there are 8 junks instead of four.

There are two reasons for this change. First, you can randomize your teams by using two pairs of animalfolk cards anyway. Second, the extra junk may sometimes be useful when playing with squirrels and chameleons from DoM 1. Players can place huge amounts of junk into the stacks in those games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sepelius wrote:
You don't miss anything. The 4 team randomizer cards in the beaver deck were changed into junk cards, so there are 8 junks instead of four.

There are two reasons for this change. First, you can randomize your teams by using two pairs of animalfolk cards anyway. Second, the extra junk may sometimes be useful when playing with squirrels and chameleons from DoM 1. Players can place huge amounts of junk into the stacks in those games.

Thanks for the response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still confused. So the team randomizer cards got changed into junk, resulting in new 8 junk total. But how exactly do I use them to randomize teams? All the junk cards looks exactly the same. I thought they would have a small additional printing on them, like A and B? Or are you saying that the idea was scrapped altogether in favor of just more junk?

So the team randomizing is now, what, taking 2 cards each from two animalfolk decks and then deal randomly, people with the same animalfolk are in the same team?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You understood correctly. It's so easy to pick 2 cards from different animalfolk decks that we came to the decision that 4 extra junks for some edge cases are more useful. And easier than finding specific junk cards with tiny marks on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. Thanks, Sami!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.