Subject: Huzzah, I won two games of Churchill... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Avedis Yaacoubian
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
No wait, actually after looking at the rules more carefully and reading some posts I lost both games.

The first game was in condition three. I was currently in first so we went through the whole complicated sequence. After the first part there was a tie for first and I was in second. The first tie breaker has the two lead players subtracting a result and this then led to my having the high score and winning the game. But actually, we were playing the tournament scenario so I would simply lose 5 points which would then result in my losing the game.

The second game was condition two. I was in second place and convinced that the US had 22 more points than third place resulting in my victory. But actually, according to the end of this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21711519#21711519 The US doesn't drop the A-Bomb in the same conference that a front enters Japan. So the difference was 17 and the US rolled high which would then result in my losing the game.

Its not that I haven't had victories in the past, its just that they have always been against first time players. Those two games would have been my first victories against experienced players. I'll keep trying though, since I've enjoyed every game of Churchill that I've played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.