$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 83.24

5,536 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.9% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: The White Flight of Derek Black rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A really interesting article about the transformation of a white nationalist.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-white-flight-of-derek-b...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Because he was home-schooled, white nationalism could become a focus of his education. It also meant he had the freedom to begin traveling with his father, who left for several weeks each year to speak at white nationalist conferences in the Deep South. Don Black had grown up in Alabama, where in the 1970s, he joined a group called the White Youth Alliance, led by David Duke, who at the time was married to Chloe.


Glad he was able to a way to shed his racism.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:

I'm torn. On the one hand... racism is bad, and finding common ground with someone you'd been raised to see as your enemy is good. But, on the other hand, in the white nationalist/klan photos, you don't see anyone playing Monopoly.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Quote:
Because he was home-schooled, white nationalism could become a focus of his education. It also meant he had the freedom to begin traveling with his father, who left for several weeks each year to speak at white nationalist conferences in the Deep South. Don Black had grown up in Alabama, where in the 1970s, he joined a group called the White Youth Alliance, led by David Duke, who at the time was married to Chloe.


Glad he was able to a way to shed his racism.


Its hard to take these fake human interest stories seriously with lead ins like this. No mention of David Dukes group being a Democrat out reach program until 1988 when David flipped to the GOP.

Now normally that would not be important until you drop in this line and try desperately to tie the poor white socialist movement to Trump.

Quote:
Years before Donald Trump launched a presidential campaign based in part on the politics of race and division, a group of avowed white nationalists was working to make his rise possible by pushing its ideology from the radical fringes ever closer to the far conservative right.


This is not really a legit news article in as much as it's propaganda. Thankfully its a long read and most of the uninformed voters wont be able to get through the whole thing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
No mention of David Dukes group being a Democrat out reach program until 1988 when David flipped to the GOP.


So racists do find a home within the GOP for some reason. Dreams do come true!

I believe I can fly...
I believe I can touch the sky...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
This is not really a legit news article in as much as it's propaganda.


Says a member of the Iowan Aryan brotherhood.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Quote:
Because he was home-schooled, white nationalism could become a focus of his education. It also meant he had the freedom to begin traveling with his father, who left for several weeks each year to speak at white nationalist conferences in the Deep South. Don Black had grown up in Alabama, where in the 1970s, he joined a group called the White Youth Alliance, led by David Duke, who at the time was married to Chloe.


Glad he was able to a way to shed his racism.


Its hard to take these fake human interest stories seriously with lead ins like this. No mention of David Dukes group being a Democrat out reach program until 1988 when David flipped to the GOP.

Now normally that would not be important until you drop in this line and try desperately to tie the poor white socialist movement to Trump.

Quote:
Years before Donald Trump launched a presidential campaign based in part on the politics of race and division, a group of avowed white nationalists was working to make his rise possible by pushing its ideology from the radical fringes ever closer to the far conservative right.


This is not really a legit news article in as much as it's propaganda. Thankfully its a long read and most of the uninformed voters wont be able to get through the whole thing.

1988? The past is another country. At least you are finally admitting that the white racists left the Democrats to join the Republicans.
This is a feature. It's a standard thing in journalism. Where is the propaganda? It's the story of one person's personal journey. Which bits do you object to?
2 
 Thumb up
0.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.