Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lichtenstein
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing with a fairly successful (so far) dwarf swarm deck with a very healthy card draw, but in Dungeons Deep & Caverns Dim (from Hobbit: OHUH; my first time trying this quest) the riddle cards and some treacheries require that I discard cards from my deck.

So what happens when I have no more cards to draw or discard from in my deck? Is it just impossible to answer any riddles and Bilbo just dies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.

Better play some Will of the West, then.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Burkett
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion is to pack it up and play a different quest. This is probably my least favorite scenario in the game..

But seriously, just remember that none of your card draw is required. You can always just use as much as you need to leave plenty in your deck.

But even more seriously, this scenario blows and you should play another one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the full card pool and the right spheres, you can turn an empty deck to your advantage in riddle-answering with the few cards that go to the bottom of your deck:

1) Lords of the Eldar -- if you can get three spirit resources per turn, you can play this card every turn and return it to the bottom of your deck, making one guaranteed riddle-answering. The effect (boosting Noldor) does no good, and since it can only be played from the discard you need a way to get it there.

2) Records -- for 4 - # of heroes for a sphere, you can have an attachment that will let you play an event from the discard then placing it at the bottom of your deck -- play the event before questing, and you've got a guaranteed match.

3) Speaking of events, To Me O My Kinsfolk! is a card you might have anyways. Save it for the empty deck, play it in the planning phase, and you'll know exactly which ally is at the bottom of your deck for riddling.

4) Curious Brandybuck returns to the bottom of the deck after the active location is explored. However, you'd have to clear it during planning or questing to take advantage of this.

Aside from Will of the West, and not taking your extra card draw, there's another way to avoid running out of cards -- bloat your deck! Preferably bloat it with the same cost and type of card for easy riddling.

Or you could just set most of your deck aside, and fill your deck up with nothing but 2-cost allies. Answer riddles whenever possible and you'll crush the quest. Then you can swap your real deck back in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.