Hide
5 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fleet Commander points applied to ship or fleet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucius Bono
msg tools
This was a question that the fine folks at WCB posed when they reviewed the card but I haven't seen an answer in this forum or the Rules group on FB:

When using the Fleet Commander resource, does the ship it is assigned to incur the 5SP cost or does the fleet absorb the cost?

Apologies if this was discussed somewhere and I missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
To me, it looks like the 5sp for the resource is applied to the fleet, but the cost of the captain is applied to the ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Treknow2016
Can we get a text quote or link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WORF just ruled on this this morning... points are attached to the ship. (just like Fleet Captain, so makes sense)

http://win.wizkids.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11743&sid=556...

WORF wrote:

-The Fleet Commander resource is assigned to the ship it is affecting and counts against the 50 point limit for that ship.
-If a Captain assigned to your ship is discarded or moved to another ship, immediately discard the Fleet Commander resource and decrease your hull or shields (whichever you selected to increase with the resource) by one.
-When building your fleet, the Captain with the highest printed Skill Number is your Primary Captain. If two or more of the Captains have the same printed Skill Number, you must choose one to be the Primary Captain for the entire game. When any card, including this one, affects your Captain, it must affect the Primary Captain first.
-If an Admiral or any card that may replace your captain is assigned to your ship and one of your two Captains is discarded or disabled, the Admiral or card does not become a Captain. Admirals or card that may replace captains only become a Captain if there are no other Captains on your ship.
-Borg Drone tokens are only assigned to the primary Captain (the highest printed skill) when building your fleet. Your secondary Captain may not gain Borg Drone Tokens.

-Please note, Gareb and the Romulan Drone Pilot may not be assigned by this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Bono
msg tools
That is hilarious timing! I checked WORF before posting (as well as the Facebook Rules Forum). Guess they read my mind.

I would post a photo of the card or a text blurb but I'm honestly having trouble finding one (and my resource cards are going to be in the mail tomorrow hopefully). Was asking due to the discussion on WCB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.