Subject: Powerful Presence. How does it work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Severí Vinyoles

Barcelona
Catalonia
msg tools
mb
As for the DI card "Powerful Presence", I may understand that allows the player to complete a quest with a hero and get the bonus, even though the selected hero does not meet the requirements (cunning and force).

However the text on the rulebook seems to state that the hero must meet the requirements. In such case, the card would allow to use two heroes and to complete two quests (whenever meeting requirements) on the same round: one for the round and one for the DI card.

How is it really intended to work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Haralampidis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, the card is intended to be played as follows:

-Before you place your token on the map, you reveal your DI card to inform the other players your intentions.
-Now, on that specific round you may place your token on any color and fulfill both quest and bonus, if and only if you meet the requirements for the quest. If you do not meet the quest requirements, the DI card is wasted (so better save it for later). So you still get to use one hero for one round, to keep up with the norm.

The rulebook gives a more detailed explanation than the cards. We intended to add the whole descriptions on the DI cards, but space was limited and we wouldn't like to have very small font on the cards for obvious reasons.

I hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severí Vinyoles

Barcelona
Catalonia
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the quick response.

Now I see the point, and both interpretations we did on the card were wrong. The problem is that we misunderstood the word "bonus". We understood that "bonus" was referring to the Glory Point bonuses which are next to the face-up quest cards. But now I see that the rulebook uses the word bonus also for the Might and Cunning points you can gain on the regions. Now it has sense. With this card you may do both actions on a region: gaining the Might and Cunning points and completing an action.

Anyway, that was the only doubt we had on our first play, but the sensations were fantastic. The art is gorgeous, as usual. A new great game by Alcyon indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.