Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricijs Zaleskis
Latvia
Ādaži
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!
First of all please excuse me if these questions have been asked already somewhere in the forum.

Questions:
1. Can you exceed or go below the limit shown on the production board?
Example: More than 10 Mega Credits per turn or less than -5 per turn? We played that you can go below or above. Made sense thematically.
2. When the temperature and/or oxygen level is capped, the only sense playing cards that increase these parameters is for other bonuses because you do not get TR for increasing a capped parameter. Correct?
3. If a card states: Inrease Oxygen and gain a TR, is this TR on the card a separate TR or just explanatory?
Example: I get 1 TR for increasing oxygen 1 level bonus the increase TR stated on the card which means +2 together or am I overthinking this? We played only 1 TR.

Debate:
1. Is card hoarding a problem in your games or is that a noobie mistake trying to build everything?
2. How often do you use standard projects in your game? There were players that did not use these options at all during the game because they had cards that supplied all the necessary things they needed.
3. What is better in your opinion? Draft during research phase or not and why?

Thank you in advance for answering these questions and debating

RZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rust00 wrote:
Hello!
First of all please excuse me if these questions have been asked already somewhere in the forum.

Questions:
Example: More than 10 Mega Credits per turn or less than -5 per turn? We played that you can go below or above. Made sense thematically.
2. When the temperature and/or oxygen level is capped, the only sense playing cards that increase these parameters is for other bonuses because you do not get TR for increasing a capped parameter. Correct?
3. If a card states: Inrease Oxygen and gain a TR, is this TR on the card a separate TR or just explanatory?
Example: I get 1 TR for increasing oxygen 1 level bonus the increase TR stated on the card which means +2 together or am I overthinking this? We played only 1 TR.

Debate:
1. Is card hoarding a problem in your games or is that a noobie mistake trying to build everything?
2. How often do you use standard projects in your game? There were players that did not use these options at all during the game because they had cards that supplied all the necessary things they needed.

RZ

1) You can't go BELOW the stated limit, but you can go above. You leave a cube on the 10 then start counting up again.
2) Correct
3) Unsure sorry!

Can't answer the others as I havent played yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rust00 wrote:
Hello!

Questions:

You can go as high as you like, but you can never go below the minimum shown on the player mats. See page 6 of the rules "M€ production is the only production that can be negative, but it may never be lowered below -5."

Quote:

Correct

Quote:

It is explanatory unless there is a TR icon shown on the card, so only 1

Quote:
Debate:

RZ

I won't comment on this as I don't think I've played enough yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Love Nilsson
Sweden
Trelleborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rust00 wrote:

Taking too many cards lead to not enough resources to play them, so I would say the latter.

Rust00 wrote:

Probably not as often as I should, I only use them if I really need to. But sometimes you do. Those players were lucky. : )

Rust00 wrote:

I like both. I played many games before starting to draft and it was never a problem for me. The draft adds the possibility to deny opponents their best choices, but then also sometimes takes away what's best for me.

Rust00 wrote:

You're welcome. : ) Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
As others answered the facts great, I'll answer a little on your debate questions

Rust00 wrote:

Debate:

RZ

1) I think it's partially a noobie mistake. On the other hand, you will have cards that you won't play as the game changes during as it progresses. Sell off cards you notice you won't play. Some cards are good to hold on to for a while if the game turns it's way for you. This game has so many different paths to go, so in the start, you really can't tell. I think most times a buy of 4-7 cards from the first 10 is a good amount.

2) almost every game I use something from the standard projects, at least "sell patents", but it can be very powerful to buy a few greeneries or cities when it suits.

3) I think both has their advantages. With draft, you get to see more cards and choose between, but you cant pick two from any hand. Without draft, you, and only you, knows that a certain card is discarded, and you can choose freely among all the cards given.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rust00 wrote:

Follow the symbols on the card. If there is one TR symbol, and 1 Oxygen symbol, increase your TR by 1, and increase the oxygen by 1 (which always results in increasing your TR). So you would get 2 TR in total.

The Protected Valley card can be confusing on this one, because it shows one greenery tile, but in the description is explicitly states to place a tile AND increase the Oxygen one step.It has been confirmed that you only raise the oxygen one step for placing the tile, and that the text is just confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rust00 wrote:

Debate:

1. Card hoarding is mostly a newbie mistake. The 3MC cost of keeping a card seems like it's not much, but they really add up. Also, a lot of the game is about investments and payoff... by spending the 3MC on a card that you're not going to play for four generations, you're forgoing the "interest" that that 3MC would yield if you had invested in building a project. Sometimes long-term card purchases pay off, but I think card hoarding is probably the most common way to do poorly, in addition to adding a big source of AP.

2. Standard projects are great for seizing opportunities. You need to play to the board state as well as your hand, and sometimes your hand of cards just doesn't support the best tactical decision. Standard projects become crucial in single player, as you won't ever have the right collection of cards to avoid them completely. Standard Technology (which gives a 3MC refund on standard projects) is one of the best cards in solo play.

3. Drafting! You see a lot more cards and therefore get more opportunities to fine-tune your strategy. Also, it adds quite a bit of interaction. The only downside is that it increases the play time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricijs Zaleskis
Latvia
Ādaži
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far thank you for the answers Bought this game blindly not knowing much, but so far the experience with this gamme has been phenomenal. The replayability value, the different paths to victory jup, raising my rating for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.