Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Zoche
Germany
Essen
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When reinforcing your crew, you are allowed to turn a pirate into a parrot and connect it to a ship with a different color than the pirate has. Can you do the same when boarding a ship? For example let's assume I have a captain on the green ship, and my opponent has a captain on the red ship. I get a card with a red pirate of strength one. Is it allowed to turn the red pirate into a parrot and use it on the green ship (where my captain stands) to board this ship (putting the parrot underneath my treasure chest card)?

The rules only talk about pirates, parrots are not mentioned, but on the other side it is not forbidden...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Zoche
Germany
Essen
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules for the skeleton special card my question above has to be negated. The rules say: "However, the skeleton can never be used for boarding a ship, since it doesn't have a gold value." And the parrot has no gold value, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Huntington
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right! You'll notice that the parrots and skeleton pirates don't have a gold coin symbol on them (just the crossed swords). This means they can't be used to carry treasure off the ships!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.