Subject: The Trump exit strategy becomes more apparent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SIREN -- "Trump son-in-law holds talks over post-election TV network," by the FT's Matthew Garrahan and James Fontanella-Khan in New York:
Quote:
Jared "Kushner ... contacted Aryeh Bourkoff, the founder and chief executive of LionTree, a boutique investment bank, within the past couple of months, according to three people with knowledge of the matter. Their conversation was brief and has not progressed since, the people said. Mr Bourkoff and Mr Kushner both declined to comment...

"Mr Bourkoff, who launched LionTree in 2012, has advised on transactions worth more than $300bn, including Liberty Global’s $23.3bn acquisition of Virgin Media and Verizon’s $4.4bn takeover of AOL. He is also [one of] John Malone’s favoured advisers and helped the so-called 'Cable Cowboy' consolidate the US pay-TV industry — in deals that culminated in Charter Communications’ $78bn takeover of Time Warner Cable this year." http://on.ft.com/2dIcXtU

Read more: http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/playbook/2016/10/41-say-no...
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Somewhat explains his meltdown on the campaign trail. Riling up his followers to watch this alt right network where he can tell them "The Truth". Only problem is that how is he going to monetize it? I really don't see too many advertisers of consequence going there. And I dont see the appeal on the cable networks to give up any spot of consequence to them. What then, a repeat of the sad spectacle of the RT broadcasts shunted to what used to be referred to as the UHF dial? Or an alt right Home Shopping Network?

One wonders is after the meeting Mr Bourkoff went back to his office for a cup of espresso and a good laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex Jones goes "mainstream".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love how his supporters got played and parlayed into a Trump payday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Love how his supporters got played and parlayed into a Trump payday.

Art of the deal baby! Just proves he's too smart by 3/4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Kumitedad wrote:
Only problem is that how is he going to monetize it? I really don't see too many advertisers of consequence going there. And I dont see the appeal on the cable networks to give up any spot of consequence to them.

Really?? You live in America, right? This is the country where E Network turns over hours of programming to "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," which barely edges out the 1960s sitcom "My Mother the Car" as the biggest piece of drek on TV. Dude, it will be huge!!!

And fuck the KC Chiefs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Only problem is that how is he going to monetize it? I really don't see too many advertisers of consequence going there. And I dont see the appeal on the cable networks to give up any spot of consequence to them.

Really?? You live in America, right? This is the country where E Network turns over hours of programming to "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," which barely edges out the 1960s sitcom "My Mother the Car" as the biggest piece of drek on TV. Dude, it will be huge!!!

And fuck the KC Chiefs.

That's because of the ad revenue. Can you really see any major companies risk the radioactive backlash for advertising on this network. Dont see them supporting racism, misogyny, religious prejudice anytime sonn (thank God)

PS thank you for that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
It's going to be the Sarah Palin channel all over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Kumitedad wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

And fuck the KC Chiefs.

That's because of the ad revenue. Can you really see any major companies risk the radioactive backlash for advertising on this network. Dont see them supporting racism, misogyny, religious prejudice anytime sonn (thank God)

PS thank you for that

I used to work in media. If they had public executions, and the numbers were good, then advertisers would pile on. Look at Fox News or the Jerry Springer Show or MSNBC. People love crap, especially when it confirms their viewpoint.

Raiders' fan since 1967

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

And fuck the KC Chiefs.

My Lions have beat two teams with better records over the last two weeks! That embarrassing lost to Chicago 3 weeks ago has pretty much rendered the season moot.

On the other hand my alma mater WMU is ranked number 20 in the AP Poll!!!

GO BRONCOS !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.