Popular Tags: [View All]
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

We're about to start tomorrow, and we were thinking of going four-player to keep the game length down a bit. To those who have already started, what do you think about four versus five players?

Poll
Four vs. Five Players in Seafall?
We have five players and are glad we used the full compliment.
We have five players and it's a little long, sometimes wish we had four.
We have four players and wish we would have gone ahead and used five.
We have four players and we're glad we didn't use a fifth.
      32 answers
Poll created by Shampoo4you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I went ahead and voted happy to have five, even though we've only played prologue+game 1 so far. There is a fair amount of downtime between turns, but I got a journal for each player before the game which has helped (people take notes, draw pictures, or whatever).

That said, we're mostly happy to have five because we have a regular gaming group of five and we didn't want to leave anyone out. I don't think anyone's missing out on a special five-player-only experience if they go down to four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm picking my group right now and I was wondering what we should play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's encouraging that so far regardless of 4 or 5 players, nobody regrets their decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Stevenson
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
I voted "We have five players and it's a little long, sometimes wish we had four," but this statement does not even get close to my true feeling on this one. For the love of all, do not play this with five players.

Not sure if cause or effect; We played with 5 and this game now has my 2nd lowest rating of all time (I love 4X games and loved Pandemic Legacy, so this should've been a hit for me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stack
msg tools
mb
We play with 4-5 (on rare occasions 3)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Setting the right expectation with your players will help with the jump from 4 to 5, but I would still recommend against it. Having five made even the fast games two and a half hours long. Also with five the race condition to a milestone generally becomes three players racing to get one and the others to another. Meaning more "lost" turns as only one player can achieve the milestone. I am not saying that the race for them isn't fun, but when over half the players go for one that's a lot of time spent.

Either way I think 4 gives you enough player interaction without slowing the experience down to much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina McDuffie
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Visit TheGlassMeeple.com for game reviews and run-throughs by me.
badge
She who laughs... lasts!
mbmbmbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
I went ahead and voted happy to have five, even though we've only played prologue+game 1 so far. There is a fair amount of downtime between turns, but I got a journal for each player before the game which has helped (people take notes, draw pictures, or whatever).

The journals are a great idea. Thanks for mentioning it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Played Prologue + Game 1 tonight. Reeeeeally glad we capped it at 4. Love the game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.