Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Nelson
United States
Oxford
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering what everyone thought. My best game was with Thorgate although of that had to do with good card draws that allowed me to have tons of energy and heat right from the start. I also like Saturn systems because they make Asteroids cheaper which I love, but last time I was them I drew few space cards and I didn't make it. Just wondering what other's thought are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of the corporations is very satisfying when you get the right project cards to go with them. So I don't really have a favorite.

My least favorite is UNMI though. It seems like I've lost as many solo games as UNMI as all the other corporations combined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
In this city there are those who'd live alone. Twilight brings them from the gloom into our homes. And hiding there among the wreckage left behind. They see things that aren't there when they close their eyes
mbmbmbmbmb
Helion, hands down! I like the flexibility it gives and the extra bump in economy you get early on.

PhoboLog and Inventrix next, but as Jeff has stated, all of them are very satisfying to play and present different challenges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Fearnley
Canada
flag msg tools
I agree. UNMI is baaaad, solo and really, is it good multiplayer, I would think not. I got what was a God draw for this corp and I was able to increase my TR for each of the first 6 turns, but even though I was doing that, it probably wasn't the optimal play for terraforming the planet. I ended up WAY short on both oxygen and temperature and I would have needed 2 or 3 more generations to get the planet terraformed. I'm playing through all the corps solo, and I won't ever choose this one to play again.

Good ones for me so far are PhoboLog ,Inventrix, Creditor, and Hellion. The best was Creditor at 176 points. I was hoping for good things from Econoline, as it's a good multiplayer corp, but I only had 117 points from that one and lacked the funds to pump out 3 cities that I desperately needed for mucho VPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
Personally, Saturn Systems is my favourite corporation, also in multiplayer.
Apparently, I just love collecting stuff

@Derek: Are you sure you are playing the solo variant right? Did you remember to start without any production and at 14 TR?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Memphis
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won my first and only game with UNMI, so of course, I don't see an issue with it.

My only complaint about UNMI in solo play is with me trying to keep track of making sure I update my TR after some terraforming action. Without UNMI, it's easy enough to count Oceans, Oxygen, and Temperature steps and compare to your current TR rating to see if you forgot to bump it. UNMI screws that double checking up for me. I think next game I will keep a counter next to the corporation card to increment every time I use the action on the card.

I don't have a favorite since I haven't played them all yet, but my current bane seems to be Interplanetary Cinematics. I only have two solo losses and both times came with IC. I don't see anything wrong with the Corp though. First game I just held on to too many cards. Second game I was one ocean short.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Fearnley
Canada
flag msg tools
Bastinator1 wrote:
Personally, Saturn Systems is my favourite corporation, also in multiplayer.
Apparently, I just love collecting stuff

@Derek: Are you sure you are playing the solo variant right? Did you remember to start without any production and at 14 TR?

Yeah, I am. Although when things started to blow up on generation 8 or so in the Creditor game, I wondered if I had started that game at a TR of 20. Things went really well in that game as I started with a lot of card draw and I got optimal plays on most of the early turns. But 176 seems to suggest that I started with an advantage or made a misplay that was advantageous to me. When I win and I'm able to focus on VP generation early, my scores are usually in the low 100's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.