Poland
Rybnik
flag msg tools
Merry Christmas, everypony!
badge
Twilight is best Santa
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, glad to see you weren't scared off by the title

While on vacation with my family in Czech Republic this year, we came across a bundle of mismatched playing pieces, cards and other gaming paraphernalia in the house we stayed in. While most of the stuff was easy to attach names to, I found one item that appeared quite interesting an yet had no clue towards unearthing its identity.

I'd guess it requires four players, is fully symmetrical and allows the pawns to move from bases in a fashion similar to that of a chess rook... that would explain the walls somewhat. But I'm shooting blind. It's probably some silly, childish game, but I'm intrigued enough to seek help from those of greater knowledge.

Users, users of the Geek
tell me title that I seek!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chalker
United States
California
flag msg tools
I don't know, but I am going to try finding out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Troth
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mb
It looks like this...
http://slidebygame.com/index.php?route=product/product&produ...
but I couldn't find a BGG entry. The game in the link seems to rely on arrows instead of walls to indicate allowed movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One possibility would be to go to the link below and try to contact the photographer to see if he has any idea of the game's name:
http://www.123rf.com/photo_25276719_isolated-empty-game-boar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Szpot
Poland
Rybnik
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight is best Santa
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, there's no contact information given on this or a (rather largish) number of other stock photo sites that have him as a user.

However, during an internet search way too long for something of so little importance, I did manage to find out the name of the game compilation this is a part of - "150/202/303 her/hier" - any combination of these two produces images of a compilation box, the mystery at hand among them.

(Fourth from the right)

I'll have to either contact someone in possession of said compilation or purchase it myself - and the latter is way more than I'm willing to do to satisfy such fit of curiosity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wuzetus wrote:

(Fourth from the right left)

I had to correct that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Szpot
Poland
Rybnik
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight is best Santa
mbmbmbmbmb
I was always amazing with directions blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Google Translate indicates that "spolecenske hry pro celu rodinu" (which is on the box in the images posted by Wuzetus above, is Czech for "party games for the whole family". Which fits with the location where you saw the game. Maybe you could post to the Czech Republic forum here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/131/boardgamegeek/czech-repu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boggs
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What a puzzler.

I would love to know the answer once it is discovered.

I did a google image search with:
"board game -feud -scrabble -monopoly -clue -go -mancala -chess -patchwork -Parcheesi -hangman -jeopardy"

added to the search.

Hnefatafl seems close. Perhaps a variant or derivative?

Also went through all of the:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/15771/games-played-1010-g...
10x10 grid games geeklist without any luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Szpot
Poland
Rybnik
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight is best Santa
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly doubt the Hnefatafl theory; it requires an odd number of rows/columns, the walls don't make much sense (although the addition of walls could in itself be an interesting idea) and there are way too many multi-colored target areas. So unless that's a very far relative, I don't think that's the case.

As per the advice, I've started a second topic and have received further instruction there.

What a wild goose chase this is turning out to be I'm really thankful to all of you who have sacrificed your time trying to help! And I'll be sure to post the results of my search if it's fruitful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.