tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
The moon is up,
It’s getting late.
Let’s get ready
to celebrate.
It’s Pajama Time!

I have not worn pajamas since I was something like 8 years old. I hate them. They're uncomfortable and pointless. I prefer to sleep naked (how's that for putting an image in your head you'd rather forget?), but since I have kids who sometimes come into my room and demand I get up to kill a spider or whatever, I wear boxers and a T-shirt instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
but since I have kids who sometimes come into my room and demand I get up to kill a spider or whatever
So they're not picky about what it is that you kill, simply that you must amuse them with the death of some animal?

They are young now, but as they age their potential for damage will increase. Perhaps you should sleep in protective armor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
wmshub wrote:
but since I have kids who sometimes come into my room and demand I get up to kill a spider or whatever
So they're not picky about what it is that you kill, simply that you must amuse them with the death of some animal?

They are young now, but as they age their potential for damage will increase. Perhaps you should sleep in protective armor?

Daughters: "Daddy, daddy, wake up! You need to kill something!"
Me: "Uhhh...ok...like, what?"
Older daughter: "How about a spider?"
Younger D.: "Or maybe the cat!"
Older D.: "How about Grandpa!"
Both: "Yeah! Grandpa! Grandpa! Grandpa!"
Me: "OK, I'll go kill that spider. Sure am glad I'm wearing my boxers."

Yes, I see your point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
wmshub wrote:
I prefer to sleep naked (how's that for putting an image in your head you'd rather forget?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Won't miss an opportunity to post this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Someone REALLY needs to combine that with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
surprise "Pajamas" ONLY 'made' THIS "bizarrerorest"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
whistle Just 'await' until they REMOVED their "Pajamas"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
For the first time in 108 years, the Cubs are world champions! Incredible game 7 victory over a valiant Cleveland team.
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to sweat at night, so I'm much more comfortable in PJ's then sleeping au natural. Underpants are too restrictive--my boys need their freedom! So pajamas it is.

The only problem is that it's next to impossible to find them with long arms and long legs, the way I like them! The pairs I'm wearing are worn so thin, I might as well be sleeping naked! I need to shop on teh internets to see if I can find replacements that aren't decorated with puppy dogs and unicorns. (Footies, OTOH, are worth considering.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it needs to be asked... what's the formal definition of pajamas for the purposes of this discussion?

I typically sleep in soft fuzzy lounge pants and a soft T shirt, and I refer to this ensemble as my 'jammies. My wife has dedicated sleep outfits she wears (matching pants and shirt of soft cotton, sold as sleepwear). Do these count, or are we talking the one-piece feety pajama outfit here? (Not that I'm against that, it's just hard to find them in my size. They do make them in adult sizes, however...)

(Incidentally, as I still get to wear flightsuits to work, my wife accuses me of getting to go to work in pajamas...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
jeffreyac wrote:
I guess it needs to be asked... what's the formal definition of pajamas for the purposes of this discussion?

No formal definition in mind. Really I just had someone's interpretation of Bob Marley's Jammin' going through my head....

But let's go with bedtime clothing (including pre-bed loungewear) and/or what you actually sleep in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb

First of all-- pyjamas are too hot, and they ride up and get twisted around too much to sleep comfortably in.
Unless it's satin on satin (as per Mr. Hefner, above).

As a kid I had cotton Cowboy and Indian-print PJs, and I didn't ever want to get dressed in normal day clothes.
You couldn't pay me enough to wear them now. I'd rather sleep in comfort, thank you.
Unless it's satin on satin (as per Mr. Hefner, above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Larry, have you tried a union suit? Though it might be too restrictive for your needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
I tend to sweat at night, so I'm much more comfortable in PJ's then sleeping au natural. Underpants are too restrictive--my boys need their freedom! So pajamas it is.

The only problem is that it's next to impossible to find them with long arms and long legs, the way I like them! The pairs I'm wearing are worn so thin, I might as well be sleeping naked! I need to shop on teh internets to see if I can find replacements that aren't decorated with puppy dogs and unicorns. (Footies, OTOH, are worth considering.)

What is special about your PJs that a pair of sweat pants and a sweatshirt wouldn't accomplish?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
For the first time in 108 years, the Cubs are world champions! Incredible game 7 victory over a valiant Cleveland team.
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea what a union suit is and I'm really, really afraid to ask!

Mike, pajama tops are much more lightweight than a sweatshirt or T-shirt. They also tend to be looser. Sweatpants are heavy and usually have an elastic waistband. Note: the following is very likely more than you want to know about my sleeping attire, so if you are squeamish, I beg you to stop here! I don't like any pressure on my belly when I sleep, so I unsnap the snap on the bottoms after I get into bed. That isn't possible with either briefs or sweatpants.

Honestly, I don't wear sweatshirts or sweatpants during the day, so I'd have to buy them to sleep in anyway--might as well buy the PJ's. And it's not like I have a bunch of spare T-shirts lying around, either. I hate clothes shopping, so I usually only own exactly what I need to get me through the week. Including pajamas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Larry Levy wrote:

Then it's a good thing you didn't have to! Button-up butt flap optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Springfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pugnax555 wrote:
Pajamas, pajamas
I wear pajamas with you
Pajamas, pajamas
I hope you like pajamas too

Pajamas, pajamas, pajamas, pajamas

This is an actual misheard lyric by my kid. He thought it was "pajammin'". Meaning to get changed into one's pajamas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! I totally didn't get this thread until just now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Larry Levy wrote:
Pugnax555 wrote:
Then it's a good thing you didn't have to! Button-up butt flap optional.

What "Western & Country" movie depiction HAD this 'scene' BOTH within theirs? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.