The Gallerist» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two pieces of same type of art from different artists rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Young
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I've read through the rules a couple times, but I never saw an answer to this hypothetical question I thought of. Maybe I missed it in the rulebook, or maybe this situation could never happen.

What if you have two pieces of art, let's say two photographs, purchased from different artists. That is to say, one from the blue photographer and one from the red photographer.

Once the art goes into your gallery, how can you tell which piece of art belongs to which artist for when you go to sell one? At this point you have two photographs in the gallery and two signatures on your price track, each piece of art completely disassociated with an artist.

Does it even matter? Do you just pick one and then say which artist you intend it to be from when selling? Is this just a commentary on how you can mix and match pieces of art and their artists and nobody is any the wiser?

Maybe I'm just overthinking it, but I hadn't seen it addressed anywhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
It doesn't matter which as long as you put the right signature back. If you want to track which piece belongs to which artist there are 3 extra tokens included in the game with a blue man/woman and red man/woman so you can use those to track which piece belongs to which artist if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't matter when selling the art.
There are a few tokens that have a blue artist on one side and red artist on the other that you can use to mark which art tile came from which artist, but it's just for thematic purposes.

Edit: ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This can be very confusing...but it turns out it simply doesn't matter.

There are little blue/red tokens that come with game (same size/shape as the thumbs for making the artists more famous), that you could use to keep better track of which art goes to which artist, but I think in the end it doesn't matter, as along as you are selling a piece of art for the right price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Colombo
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think you should use the token that have the picture of 2 artists in red/blue color..they come in the box without any explanation on the rules, you will find them easily.

Simone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What those 4 said ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad R
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
What Murr said

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Dexposure.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are you guys saying "it doesn't matter"? I am sure the artist would have a different opinion if you said to him/her, " Hey Mr Blue, I think I sold your piece of art, but I am not sure if it was yours or Mrs Blue art that went out the door".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigPY wrote:
I've read through the rules a couple times, but I never saw an answer to this hypothetical question I thought of. Maybe I missed it in the rule book, or maybe this situation could never happen.

What if you have two pieces of art, let's say two photographs, purchased from different artists. That is to say, one from the blue photographer and one from the red photographer.

Once the art goes into your gallery, how can you tell which piece of art belongs to which artist for when you go to sell one? At this point you have two photographs in the gallery and two signatures on your price track, each piece of art completely disassociated with an artist.

Does it even matter? Do you just pick one and then say which artist you intend it to be from when selling? Is this just a commentary on how you can mix and match pieces of art and their artists and nobody is any the wiser?

Maybe I'm just overthinking it, but I hadn't seen it addressed anywhere else.

BigPY, from the bottom of page 10 of the Rulebook under the Action: Sell a Work of Art.

Rule Book wrote:
If a Player’s Gallery has two Works of the same art form by different artists, it does not matter which Work of Art he chooses when he sells.
Optionally, for thematic reasons, a Player may use the red and blue tiles provided, to track the works created by each artist.

Bogusgig wrote:
Why are you guys saying "it doesn't matter"? I am sure the artist would have a different opinion if you said to him/her, " Hey Mr Blue, I think I sold your piece of art, but I am not sure if it was yours or Mrs Blue art that went out the door".

Bogusgig, people are saying it doesn't matter because the rule book and the Vital himself said it does not matter mechanically. You can choose the type of art and you normally choose the more famous one to make more money.

Luckily for thematic reasons and nice people like you that care about the artist, you can use these tiles.

I found this picture in another thread.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1549437/what-are-these

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.