$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at the AK event over the weekend, and have been slowly digesting all the fine print rules and I think I've run into one that is not addressed (or at least I can't find the answer in the rules).

Every investigator has a special card that they MUST include in their deck and it DOES NOT count toward their 30 card deck limit. Another rule states that you MAY have at as many as 2 copies OF ANY CARD in your deck. By buying 2 starter sets, you will have 2 copies of each investigator's special card.

Does anyone know, can you use 2 copies of an investigators card in your deck? If so, do you count the second card against the 30 card limit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the investigator specific cards are outside the normal deck building rules. so you make a deck of 30, then add the investigators card and then a weakness. so yeah, only one. grand total you should have 33 cards. future releases may change that, but for now that's the standard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So here it is from the rule reference:
Quote:
-A player’s investigator deck must include the exact
number of player cards indicated on the back of his or
her investigator card as the “Deck Size.” Weaknesses,
investigator-specific cards, and scenario cards that are
added to a player’s deck do not count towards this number.
-A player’s investigator deck may not include more
than 2 copies (by title) of any given player card.

so the deck is 30 cards that cannot include more than 2 copies of each card. you then add the investigator card and weakness, and then a random weakness. it is a bit poorly worded, and could have a call out that says no duplicates of the investigators cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This question was sent to Matthew Newman, one of the designers. The answer was posted in the Cardgamedb forum:

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33253-freq...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dax is
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamedog wrote:

This question was sent to Matthew Newman, one of the designers. The answer was posted in the Cardgamedb forum:

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33253-freq...

for those to lazy to click...

4) Investigator-specific cards
- Can I include a second copy as part of my standard 30 cards deck? It's basically a normal neutral card, the only restriction being which investigator can include it in a deck. I didn't find any rule that would explicitly prohibit this.

You cannot. It’s not technically a normal neutral card, since it has no level. Roland, for example, can include level 0-5 neutral cards, but cards with no level at all can only be included if something explicitly allows you to (in this case, the Deckbuilding Requirements section of his card). Same goes for scenario specific story-assets; if you earn a specific asset thanks to a particular scenario resolution, you can’t include a second copy of that asset by purchasing another copy of that expansion.

(Note: the templating of investigator-specific cards printed in the core set is actually identical to that of normal level 0 neutral cards, i.e. the area for xp pips is still present under the cost. This will be fixed in future printings of the core set to to use the same templating as story assets.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.