Subject: Buying extra sleeves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have the set of the metal box and sleeves, but with the expansions there are not enough of them, were can I buy ones in the same size and thickness?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas W
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine from Board Game Extras (UK company). http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/index.php?cat=48&category=C...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
crazymonkey75 wrote:
I got mine from Board Game Extras (UK company). http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/index.php?cat=48&category=C...

Ok, what is the correct size? and which brand did you get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis O Connell
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sleeves in the tin box are Mayday Games sleeves specially made for WOTR.
Mayday still sell them but there are limited numbers as far as I know.
Board Game Extras in the UK has some of these sleeves in stock - they are Mayday games "War of the Ring" Sleeves - yes, that is the actual name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Docman14 wrote:
The sleeves in the tin box are Mayday Games sleeves specially made for WOTR.
Mayday still sell them but there are limited numbers as far as I know.
Board Game Extras in the UK has some of these sleeves in stock - they are Mayday games "War of the Ring" Sleeves - yes, that is the actual name.

Thanks. I can't find these where I live, but there's plenty of Mayday ones... what's the size of these exactly maybe you know?

EDIT> Found it, it's 68x 120 mm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, I found an issue with the Mayday 70 x 120 mm sleeves. They were about 2 mm too short at the top. Some people are OK with this. Personally, I like the sleeve to be a little bit longer than the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TabletopAdept wrote:
FYI, I found an issue with the Mayday 70 x 120 mm sleeves. They were about 2 mm too short at the top. Some people are OK with this. Personally, I like the sleeve to be a little bit longer than the card.

That's tricky, they should be longer, but not too much, I had to cut a lot of FFG sleeves because they were too long and that made shuffling hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis O Connell
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mayday sleeves I use are slightly longer than the cards, maybe 2-3mm longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
I used the sleeves in the Tin when all I had was LoME; it was enough to sleeve all the event cards but some of the characters remained unsleeved.

When I ordered WoME I ordered 150 FFG Tarot sleeves. I put the Faction event cards and character cards into the thinner MayDay ones and all the Event and Call to Battle cards in the FFG sleeves.

The MayDay ones I found are a good fit*, but they also feel kinda cheap with rough edges. The FFG ones are definitely better quality, about the right length to ensure the cards won't poke out of the top, but slightly wider than they need to be.

They also don't fit in the Tin insert, but there are too many cards to fit in the tin anyway. So I had to ditch the WotR insert; the MayDay sleeved cards now fill the insert which goes straight in the box. The FFG sleeved cards live in the tin, on the shelf, without an insert.

I think the time has come to make a foamcore insert for the game... then everything would fit in the WotR box without any issues.

*Note this doesn't contradict reports that they are too short - MayDay are renowned for poor QC on their sleeves so it wouldn't surprise me at all if some are cut too short while others are fine. I had a few packs of Standard Mayfair sleeves before that were about 1-2mm shorter than they were supposed to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.