Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question on Event cards.

Let's say no one has killed an invader yet and an event card shows up, is everyone the leader thus a target of the event, or does it not occur? I noticed this on my first solo play.

Also, I know the odds of getting KS exclusive cards are impossible at this point (only have the Victory Pledge), but cards like Wandering Sword and Varcola, where can I get them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Valdez
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
The way my friends and I played, if no one had any kills, we would just not play the effect of the event. I felt like the idea behind the event is to handicap the person in the lead, so if no one is really in the lead, there's no reason to play the event. I know other people that would play it though, considering that since everyone has zero kills, everyone has "the most" kills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nayr090 wrote:
The way my friends and I played, if no one had any kills, we would just not play the effect of the event. I felt like the idea behind the event is to handicap the person in the lead, so if no one is really in the lead, there's no reason to play the event. I know other people that would play it though, considering that since everyone has zero kills, everyone has "the most" kills.
I'm one of those people

The rules clearly list the tie breakers for the event cards on page 8: If multiple people have the same number of killed invaders then most killed gold invaders is the tie breaker. If people are still tied for that then everybody who's tied suffers the effects.

To me being tied at 0 is the same as being tied at 1 or any other number, so I think everybody should suffer the effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Jeffrey Lai
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Isaiah 53:5
badge
I'm not a real person. Just a cartoon character.
mbmbmbmbmb
What Niko says is correct. If an event appears, all tied players, even at zero, suffer the effect. Thematically, the fear and terror of the invasion is taking its toll and all your armies are affected, despite or because of you having not gone out to face the threat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.