Hide
8 Posts

Ice Cool» Forums » Rules

Subject: Round end rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dino Zaur
msg tools
I just played a 2-player game where I played the catcher. I catched the runner and bumped him through a door with a fish on top. Does the runner still gets the fish in this situation? Or does the round end immediately after the catcher touched the runner? We opted for the latter, but not sure if that is how it was intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it were me, I'd personally rule that the other player gets the fish. You tagged him, but you still have to finish resolving the shot, which pushed him through. You get his card though, so technically you won the round, even if it was their last fish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnis Skuskovniks
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During playtesting, the rulling from BRainGames was that the round ends immediately after the touching. So, no fish after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
End of the round rules lack that small clarification - round ends either imediatly or at the end of the turn where conditions are met.

Personally I would go with what Scott said. Round ends at the end of your turn, so you finish your turn and as part of your turn you pushed a runner through the door, so the runner gets the fish. Part of the fun of the game are these interactions of penguins so feel this is more fitting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dino Zaur
msg tools
hybry wrote:
Part of the fun of the game are these interactions of penguins so feel this is more fitting.

You certainly have a point there. Makes that catcher shot more stressful and fun when the penguin you need to catch is standing just in front of that doorway. I'll play like this from now on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
I have asked our games team, and the official ruling is that a round ends immediately after contact (so no fish).

Of course, in a two player game, the catcher must make contact twice. But either way (first or second contact), he would not get the fish, because the runner would be immediately transported to the red dot after contact with the catcher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Penna
msg tools
I guess this also means that if you, during the same flick, catch your third fish and after that hit the catcher, the round ends without the catcher getting your id-card, or?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Bonden wrote:
I guess this also means that if you, during the same flick, catch your third fish and after that hit the catcher, the round ends without the catcher getting your id-card, or?

Yep, that's right! The round ends IMMEDIATELY after catching the third fish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.