$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.2% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Mythos Tales» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wish there was a better index for the Directory plus a separate ally page rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Wotruba
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Just finished case #1. Good game, but my one comment is I wish the Directory had a better index. We kept having to flip through every page and search each individual sub category for the stores/places. It would be nice if the alphabetical index contained every entry including businesses, and included more cross references. (like Library, Miskatonic Library, and Orne Library - I wish all 3 were listed and cross referenced each other). Or at least a quick index of the different categories in the second half of the Directory - maybe on the back cover, so you know if the catagory you are looking for exists or not.

An example of not being able to find something in the Directory in case #1
Spoiler (click to reveal)
when searching for the Edward House (Edward Manor? - am I remembering the correct one?), it took us 10 minutes to finally decide that it had to be the alphabetical listing of the person listed with the last name of Edward. My daughter kept insisting that could not be it, since in 2 different places it said that house was directly across from the hospital, but the directory listed had those two buildings in completely different districts.

The one other thing that would make this game better is to have a separate Ally page (or 2) and not have it listed in the back of the rule book where it gets lost/forgotten.

This was our first game of this, and I am sure it will get easier as we play more. Saying all this, we did enjoy the game, and will play the other cases. I would rewrite the whole Directory, but I just do not have time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Kenyon
United States
East Point
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pwotruba wrote:

The one other thing that would make this game better is to have a separate Ally page (or 2) and not have it listed in the back of the rule book where it gets lost/forgotten.

Ha! In my defense (I'm not really defensive, but I'm amused by your observation.), I had actually pulled the Allies out as a separate sheet. Final design decisions put it back in the book. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a player aid in preparation for the Allies "issue". I will upload it. It also hs a Sequence of Play and the 9 questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E.

Virginia
msg tools
mb
martimer wrote:
I made a player aid in preparation for the Allies "issue". I will upload it. It also hs a Sequence of Play and the 9 questions.

Please do I'd appreciate that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is up but apparently there is an issue with it. I am awaiting correction advice. I thought I would get to play yesterday but did not so I do not know what I did wrong.

Enjoy it for what it is. To the best of my knowledge it is all "public knowledge" that is available to the players at game start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Kenyon
United States
East Point
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:

Thanks. I'll promote it as best I can. I personally think the game would benefit from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This player aid sounds awesome. My group also found it a little frustrating that the allies were not on a separate sheet, though I did offer the rulebook to anyone who wanted to view the ally list. I read off the allies at the start of the game, and my wife wrote them as I did so. This was actually helpful as they were fresh in her mind since she wrote them down. It helped us pursue a couple of leads.

I like that you're including those nine questions. We were halfway through the scenario when I remembered there were additional questions and pulled it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything I put on my player aid was common and public knowledge. I even left room for notes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.