$18.00
The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 119.81

7,228 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Rebellion PBF Waiting List wiki rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The waiting list can be found HERE.

If you are interested in playing, go to the wiki and follow the instructions for adding your name to the list.

Note that I have decided on a couple of conventions similar to those used in other PBF communities:

- Players currently in games may add their name back to the list once the time marker of their current game reaches 5
- Players who do not respond to invitations will have a * added to the status column. Players who fail to respond to a second invitation will have a second * added, and they will be moved to the bottom of the list. If the player fails to respond to a third invitation, they will be removed from the list.

The list is pretty small at the time of this posting, but hopefully the existence of the list will help generate more interest in the PBF option. I encourage all moderators and players to check out the wiki and see if there are any improvements you can suggest.
6 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
Mike,
I don't know if anyone prefers using spreadsheets to Vassal (like I do), but my modding is done by Google Sheets. Here is the document link if you want to share it as a resource.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLO5xIBtUMZCaIFtmG4j...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! I've added it to the Resources list.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb
There is one * too much for TheAlgebraist. Also he replied about 12h after the deadline.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
The PBFs I moderated are finished now. For the ones who are waiting for a new PBF game: I'm a bit busy at the moment. Next week it should be better for me, so somewhere next week I'll start PMing.

First I will try to learn how the tactic sheets from Arno work!

I notice that most of the players on the waiting list want a 2 player game, so perhaps that's the way to go for now with PBF games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb
I have rewritten the script, that you can rather easily set this up.

6-step-instruction:
1) Upon getting access to the template folder, copy its contents to your own google drive (ideally in a separate folder). So just select all files, hit "Make a copy" and move the duplicated into a folder on your own drive.
2) Make sure, that your form is NOT requiring an email address. Set up a report sheet for the form. Go to this report sheet and set Cell C1 to "2"
3) Open the script (right click -> Open With -> Google Scripts)and in the first 6 lines enter the google-file-ID to replace the place holders. The google file ID can be found in the URL e.g.:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/THIS_IS_THE_FILE_ID/edit#gid=0
4) Now we have to install the trigger. In the script editor, go to 'Run' and select 'Trigger'. The script should now run the function that installs the trigger. Check in 'Resrouces'->'Current Project's Triggers' that the trigger is set up. There should be one line with 3 drop down menus reading from left to right:
'Selector'; 'From Form'; 'On form submit'
5) Now go to your form, select send and request a shareable link that you can paste into the card console sheet.
6) Test the sheet as often as you like. You can always reset it by manually deleting the entries created.

I have also added another feature:
The GM doesn't have to manually generate decks. When the 'Initiate Battle' Option is selected the script generates new randomized decks (space & ground) and saves them in the GM sheet for reference. So once the script is set up, the GM doesn't need to do anything with the tactic cards as long as no problems crop up.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge G.
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Menghini wrote:
The PBFs I moderated are finished now. For the ones who are waiting for a new PBF game: I'm a bit busy at the moment. Next week it should be better for me, so somewhere next week I'll start PMing.

First I will try to learn how the tactic sheets from Arno work!

I notice that most of the players on the waiting list want a 2 player game, so perhaps that's the way to go for now with PBF games.


I was thinking about hosting one myself too. It would be my first... I'll be using a SVG file I made as map, not Vassal; Steve's spreadsheet and hopefully, Arno's script too.

You want me to hold my game until you launch yours, or do I "steal" Arno from you?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorsh wrote:
Menghini wrote:
The PBFs I moderated are finished now. For the ones who are waiting for a new PBF game: I'm a bit busy at the moment. Next week it should be better for me, so somewhere next week I'll start PMing.

First I will try to learn how the tactic sheets from Arno work!

I notice that most of the players on the waiting list want a 2 player game, so perhaps that's the way to go for now with PBF games.


I was thinking about hosting one myself too. It would be my first... I'll be using a SVG file I made as map, not Vassal; Steve's spreadsheet and hopefully, Arno's script too.

You want me to hold my game until you launch yours, or do I "steal" Arno from you?


Don't wait for me! The more PBFs going, the better, right? If you can start now, why wait?

And of course I'm curious about your SVG file in practice.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge G.
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Menghini wrote:

Don't wait for me! The more PBFs going, the better, right? If you can start now, why wait?

And of course I'm curious about your SVG file in practice.


Done... And I'm curious about how it will go, too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge G.
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thrombozyt wrote:
I have rewritten the script, that you can rather easily set this up.

6-step-instruction:
1) Upon getting access to the template folder, copy its contents to your own google drive (ideally in a separate folder).
2) Set up a report sheet for the form. Go to this report sheet and set Cell C1 to "2"
3) Open the script and in the first 6 lines enter the google-file-ID to replace the place holders. The google file ID can be found in the URL e.g.:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/THIS_IS_THE_FILE_ID/edit#gid=0
4) Now it gets a little tricky as we have to install the trigger. In the script editor, go to 'Run' and select 'Trigger'. The script should now run the function that installs the trigger. Check in 'Resrouces'->'Current Project's Triggers' that the trigger is set up. There should be one line with 3 drop down menus reading from left to right:
'Selector'; 'From Form'; 'On form submit'
5) Now go to your form, select send and request a shareable link that you can paste into the card console sheet.
6) Test the sheet as often as you like. You can always reset it by manually deleting the entries created.

I have also added another feature:
The GM doesn't have to manually generate decks. When the 'Initiate Battle' Option is selected the script generates new randomized decks (space & ground) and saves them in the GM sheet for reference. So once the script is set up, the GM doesn't need to do anything with the tactic cards as long as no problems crop up.


While trying to set it up I found something that might stop it from working for other people too: when you make a report sheet from the Form, the sheet name is language dependant(mine was "Respuestas de Formulario 1", for example), but the script expects it to be in english.

I've found it and named it correctly after my sheet already. Now, on to whatever else is making it fail...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb
I have updated the description. I'll update the script to make it language-independent before the next guy uses the sheets. That should iron out most if not all the problems Gorsh encountered.

btw:
I can only recommend the use of the SVG graphic. It eliminates the tedious use of vassal as you can read the game state completely from the graphic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.