1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » News

Subject: Marvel Noir expansion in February -- It's real rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dog
msg tools
Welp.

http://www.gtsdistribution.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=389...

Quote:
• Play through the Marvel Noir storyline within Legendary!
• 12th expansion in the Legendary Family
• The game will feature 5 new heroes, 2 Villain groups, 2 New Masterminds and 4 new schemes.
• Use Spider-Man, Iron Man, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Angel in their Noir setting.
• Each Small Box Expansion Set comes with 100 playable cards featuring all original art!

To whoever supposed a Noir expansion, I don't know how you could have guessed that, but bully. Upper Deck never ceases to surprise me.

Does this mean we'll see a bunch of new Noir comics this winter/spring???

EDIT: Forget everything I said about Alpha Flight being too niche. Apparently nothing is off the table (so to speak).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: I ... can't believe this is real ...
LOL! Wow. I wouldn't have put money on this.

-rudy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW. Unexpected, and rad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going to make guessing the heroes a tad bit easier...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea whether the Noir comics are any good, but it's kinda neat that they're making an expansion based on a completely alternate take on these heroes.

Pretty disappointing, though, that this is the second expansion in a row with no female heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
This can't be real... Seriously?!?

An entire expansion with 5 repeating characters?!?
We just got Luke Cage and now they add a double already?
And Spider-Man and Iron-Man? Don't have we have enough of each already?

I really REALLY hope this is someone trolling us.

Marc, care to tell us if this is real or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spider-Man Noir packs heat, though. So there's that.

I guess I'll be adding the other noir books to my Unlimited reading list soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
I have no idea whether the Noir comics are any good, but it's kinda neat that they're making an expansion based on a completely alternate take on these heroes.

Pretty disappointing, though, that this is the second expansion in a row with no female heroes.

Is that a sure thing? I didn't read the Noir comics, but I'm sure that there were Noir versions of female characters, even if they didn't have their own titled book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
EDIT: Forget everything I said about Alpha Flight being too niche. Apparently nothing is off the table (so to speak).

Nothing is off the table if they are actually new characters. Honestly I am getting tired of getting the same ones, but different. If this is true I might actually give this one pass. UDE is going to have to really impress me this time. Ball is in your court UDE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M_Strauss wrote:
swheelock wrote:

Is that a sure thing? I didn't read the Noir comics, but I'm sure that there were Noir versions of female characters, even if they didn't have their own titled book.

Doesn't this suggest exactly who the heroes are?

Quote:
Use Spider-Man, Iron Man, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Angel in their Noir setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimmel Prime

North Carolina
msg tools
I cannot understand how such a niche storyline that wasn't all that popular is getting an expansion based on it. With all the Villains and Heroes and Masterminds that are out there and unmade we are getting yet another "alternate reality".

If they thought Fear Itself sold poorly, wait till they see this thing crash and burn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We can no longer trust the solicitations for more than the name of the set, but there weren't that many noir books. The choices are pretty limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KimmelPrime wrote:
I cannot understand how such a niche storyline that wasn't all the popular is getting an expansion based on it. With all the Villains and Heroes and Masterminds that are out there and unmade we are getting yet another "alternate reality".

If they thought Fear Itself sold poorly, wait till they see this thing crash and burn.

Fear Itself suffered from being Villains branded too though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fear Itself used alternate names for some popular characters (Absorbing Man, Titania, Hulk), which didn't help either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
Fear Itself used alternate names for some popular characters (Absorbing Man, Titania, Hulk), which didn't help either.

Yeah, I think that was the biggest problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:
M_Strauss wrote:
swheelock wrote:

Quote:

Oh I didn't actually see the hero list, just that this set was coming. Sorry! Then yeah, that does seem like the definitive list. Does suck to have a lack of females though :-/

Here's to hoping for a Peter David inspired X-Factor expansion, that would have plenty of female characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Noir generally refers to detective stories, who hopes this set will introduce some more covert abilities and mechanics? Maybe something that lets you search parts of the villain or hero deck for particular "clue" such as a scheme twist or something like that. Just off the top of my head, I hope there's some more unique elements to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M_Strauss wrote:
Since Noir generally refers to detective stories, who hopes this set will introduce some more covert abilities and mechanics? Maybe something that lets you search parts of the villain or hero deck for particular "clue" such as a scheme twist or something like that. Just off the top of my head, I hope there's some more unique elements to this.

Yeah, I think the thing that has me excited about the idea of it is that it's not just an event adaptation, but it's very different style, that will hopefully come through in the design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Huh.

Well, ah...

Huh.

Noir? Really...

Huh.

Okay, on the minus side, there are a LOT of other heroes I would like to see. Besides the few X-Men that haven't shown up (Kitty Pryde, Psylocke, Havok) and a TON of Avengers (Wasp, Ant-Man, Giant-Man, classic Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wonder Man FOR STARTERS), they just teased us with Alpha Flight which, as the customs suggest, are high on everyone's list. Add to that the Allies that would have been nice to see in a Villains expansion, such as the Masters of Evil and other classic Avengers villains.

On the plus side, quite frankly, I love the idea of expansions based on alternate universes and their heroes. I haven't read all the Noir books, but I loved Spider-Man Noir. It would have been nice to see Wolverine Noir as well, but they had to pick someone and I think the group they've got is great. I would very much like to see more of this in the future. 2099, 1602, House of M... the possibilities are endless now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
M_Strauss wrote:
Edward J Grug III wrote:
M_Strauss wrote:
swheelock wrote:

Quote:

Oh I didn't actually see the hero list, just that this set was coming. Sorry! Then yeah, that does seem like the definitive list. Does suck to have a lack of females though :-/

Here's to hoping for a Peter David inspired X-Factor expansion, that would have plenty of female characters.

An A-Force expansion with characters like She-Hulk, Medusa, Dazzler, Nico Minoru, and Singularity would definitely add some badly needed feminine muscle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
KimmelPrime wrote:
I cannot understand how such a niche storyline that wasn't all that popular is getting an expansion based on it. With all the Villains and Heroes and Masterminds that are out there and unmade we are getting yet another "alternate reality".

They made Big Trouble in Little China...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dog
msg tools
Trying to find some silver linings ...

We might get a Goblin Mastermind ... with an Enforcers Villain group!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Trying to find some silver linings ...

We might get a Goblin Mastermind ... with an Enforcers Villain group!

Soulsword Colossus causes rioting in the streets. Noir Goblin is going to satisfy no one.

Except me. Because I like Marvel comics, so I'm in.

I hope we see an A-Force big box to counteract these two all-male expansions back to back.

15-16 female heroes will go a long way toward completing people's wish lists. Not everyone needs to be a member of A-Force, they can just put in a bunch of female characters. Of course, if they are the Arcadian versions, that might lead to MORE rioting in the streets...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've long said my #1 wish is alternate timeline stuff. I was most hoping for 1692, but I'll take this if it's true.

I am seriously disappointed by the lack of women in this (again, assuming the information is correct), especially right after Deadpool. I just commented to my boyfriend and playing buddy earlier tonight that I doubt there'd ever be an all women set unless it was specifically advertised as a girl team in some way, but all guys is just normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. Deadpool was a pass for me and this carries even less interest. More repeats of Heroes we already have while boatloads of characters we've been begging for are skipped over because.....well, quite frankly I don't know why.

I predict this will not do so well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.